History of Midland Norwegian Evangelical Lutheran Church of Haug, Minnesota
From an article by Milt Sather:
A group of early settlers in the Haug community met in 1901 to organize the Midland Norwegian Evangelical Church or the Hauge Church as it was often called. The location of the church and cemetery was Section 34 of Soler Township. Membership in 1901 was 37 soulsóby 1915 membership had dropped to 15. The first pastor to serve was Johan F. Adrianson (1900-1903) followed by Hens H. Johanson (1903 to 1907) and Annanias Skogerboe (1907-1915). "Embedsmand" in 1913 was J. Kolberg. All records of Midland Church have been lost but it is believed the church closed in the early 1920s, the building sold and moved away. The first burial at Midland cemetery according to grave markers is that of Henrik Halvorson who was born July 22, 1896 and died September 19, 1897. Midland cemetery has also been known as Haug cemetery.
From notes by Milt Sather (8-18-1987):
According to Redvold Wold, the Midland Lutheran Church was of the Hauge Synod. Redvold also said the church closed in the 1920s. According to Hector Graff, the building was sold and moved to Moose Township, then later sold to Ruben Graff and moved back to Soler Township and used as a barn. According to O.M. Norlies Menigheter (page795) Roseau County Chuches, "Midland Norsk Evangelisk Lutherske Menighet" located at Haug, Roseau County, Minnesota, was of the Hauge Synod and was established 1901 (37 souls).
Submitted to Roseau County GenWeb by Eunice Korczak.
©2002 by Minnesota Historical Research Associates.