The Gillie Farm, located in Thompson Township, was established in 1899 by William Gillie.
The 240 original acre farm was purchased from Anders and Anna Norberg who came from Grysburg, Nova Scotia.
William owned the farm until 1920. Next owner was Rene Gillie 1930-1934; Joseph, Ernest, John, Alfred, Fredrick, George, Margaret, Myrtle, Mable and Joseph, all Gillie owners from 1934-1993.
Keith and Theresia purchased the farm in 1993 where they currently live.
Major crops grown include wheat, oats and barley.
Source: Kittson County Enterprise, July 14, 1999