Lancaster is located about 10 miles south of the Canadianborder on Highway 59.
The coming of the Soo Line Railroad in 1904 marked thebeginning of the Village of Lancaster.
However, early settlement of the area was started in earnestby Canadian and European immigrants in the late 1890.s.
The site selected for the city is ideally situated betweenthe forested land to the east and the prairie to the west.
Source: Visitors Guide to Kittson County, Published May19, 1999 by the Kittson County Enterprise based on information compiledfrom Kittson County History Book.