Earsley, Delbert E. (page 503), proprietor of the D. E. Earsley elevator, at Elgin, was born in Utica Township, Olmsted County, Minn., March 22, 1869, son of Cyrus H. and Rhoda (Raymond) Earsley. The father and mother, who were natives respectively of Pennsylvania and New York State, came west to Minnesota about 1861, and purchased 160 acres of land in Utica Township, which was wild and heavily timbered. By long and untiring effort, interrupted only by a period of service in the Civil War, Cyrus H. Earsley cut and grubbed out the timber and developed the land, also erecting a residence and outbuildings. There he followed general agriculture until 1890, when he retired to the Village of Utica, where he and his wife are still living, he being occupied in driving one of the rural mail routes out of that village. They were the parents of six children: Wallace, now deceased; Delbert E., of Elgin; Flora, residing at home with her parents; Frank, a farmer of Fremont, Minn.; Anna, deceased; Edward, now living in Winona; and James, residing in North Dakota. Delbert E. Earsley was educated in the public schools of Utica, after which he started in the elevator business there, as an employee of the Seefield Elevator Co. Later he was connected with the Marfield Elevator Co., of Winona, and still later with the Western Elevator Co. In 1912 Mr. Earsley came to Elgin and purchased the elevator of the Western Elevator Co., engaging in business for himself. He has gained an extensive patronage and is now numbered among the leading business men of the village. Handles, buys and sells all kinds of grain, coal, feed, salt and farm machinery, and aside from his own immediate concerns, is interested in all projects that are for the betterment of the community in which he had made his home. He has done good service as a member of the village council. His fraternal affiliations are with Elgin Lodge, No. 115, A. F. & A. M., the Modern Woodmen of America, both he and his wife are members of the Eastern Star. Politically he is a Republican. Mr. Earsley was married March 26, 1896, to Ethie Ellsworth, of Utica, and of this union two children have been born: Etta M., November 27, 1898, and Harold E., March 26, 1908. Etta M. was graduated from the state School of Faribault for the Deaf, in the class of 1916, and is now a student at the Culludet College at Washington, D. C. Harold E. is attending public school in Elgin. The family attend the Methodist Episcopal church and are prominent in the higher social circles of Elgin.
Edwards, Welford G. (page 296), proprietor of a blacksmith and machine shop at Plainview, was born at Pepin, Wis., October 9, 1867, son of Sylvester and Candace (Fuller) Edwards, the mother being a daughter of Ester Fuller. The parents were natives of Ohio, and came to Wisconsin, settling in Pepin, in 1861. The father, who followed the blacksmith's trade during his entire active career, died in Arkansaw, Pepin County, in 1901. The mother is now living in Plainview, Minn., to which place she came in December, 1918. Welford G. Edwards was educated in the Pepin and Arkansaw public schools. He learned the blacksmith's trade of his father, and the machinist's trade of his uncle, and has followed both ever since. He came to Plainview in 1902, and in 1909 opened a garage for the storage and sale of auto cars, being the first in Plainview to combine that business with blacksmithing and machine work. In June, 1918, he sold the auto business, and has since been engaged in blacksmithing and machine shop work with his brother Clayton. The latter is younger than himself, having been born at Arkansaw, Wis., June 6, 1873. The brothers seem to have struck a profitable line of enterprise, as they are both kept busy, and their business is on the increase. Welford G. Edwards had some former experience as a public official, serving for two years as auditor of Pepin County, Wis., and for six years as town clerk of Arkansaw, that county. He is a member of the Methodist church, and is fraternally affiliated with the Woodmen and Odd Fellows. He was first married, January 24, 1888, in Plainview, to Ida J. Wood, daughter of Alonzo and Genette Wood. Her parents, both of whom are now deceased, were early settlers in Plainview, having come to Wabasha County, Minn., from New York in 1850. Of her marriage with Mr. Edwards five children were born, two of whom are now deceased, namely, George, who died at the age of six years, and Grace, who died at the age of 22 at Pontiac, Mich., where she was residing. The survivors are Bessie, Ralph and Roy. Bessie the wife of John Watcher of Plainview. Mr. Edward's first wife, Ida, died July 1, 1918, and on November 18, 1919, he married her cousin, Elizabeth, whose family name was La Rocque, and who was the widow of C. M. Wood.
Eggenberger, Christian and Henry (page 610), are well known business men of Theilman, where they are successfully operating a sawmill and are also carrying on other industries. Henry was born near Toronto, Canada, July 30, 1864, and Christian in West Albany Township, Wabasha County, minn., June 12, 1869. Their parents, Christian and Anna Elizabeth Eggenberger, were born and married in Switzerland, and came to the United States in 1854 on a sailing vessel, being three months on the ocean. Locating first in Buffalo, N. Y., they subsequently went to Canada, and in 1865 came to Wabasha County, Minnesota, taking 160 acres of wild land in West Albany Township, which they developed into a farm with good buildings. In the early seventies the father sold the farm and bought one in Glasgow Township, near Theilman village, and besides carrying on agriculture operated a sawmill. Industrious and enterprising, he was also successful in a high degree, and he and his wife were highly respected. They were members and liberal supporters of the German Reformed church in Theilman village. The father died May 2, 1902, and the mother January 25, 1910. Of their family of ten children, three were born in Switzerland, namely: Elizabeth, now Mrs. Bernard Korthour of Buffalo Gap, Custer County, S. D.; Emil, deceased; and Emma, who died on board ship wile crossing the ocean. The children born in this country were as follows: John, a prosperous farmer and sawmill operator in Alberta, Canada; Emma (second), now Mrs. Leonard Seiger, of Buffalo Gap, S. D.; Rosanna, who married Dan Peterson, of Portland, Ore., and is now deceased; Henry, of Theilman, Minn.; Amelia, now Mrs. Frank Laqua, of Alberta, Canada; Christian, of Theilman, and Louise, wife of August Schleicher, a hardware dealer of Millville, Wabasha County, Minn. The two sons Henry and Christian were formerly associated with their father in farming and in the mill, and in time succeeded to the mill business. Besides operating the mills, they contract extensively for cement work, barns, bridges and other miscellaneous work, and are also successful apiarists. They are members and liberal supporters of the German Reformed church at Theilman, and are politically aligned with the Republican party. Henry Eggenberger was married in November, 1910, to Hattie Krahn, who was born in Pennsylvania, February 25, 1868, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Adelbert Krahn. Her father was pastor for some years of the German Reformed church at Theilman, to which the subjects of this sketch belong. The two brothers are enterprising business men, and are successfully conducting an important industry, which is a factor in the prosperity of the village in which they have made their home.
Eggers, Henry H. (page 312), who is successfully engaged in the produce business in Plainview, was born at Hammond, Wabasha County, Minn., August 20, 1872, son of Joseph and Amelia (Schrew) Eggers. After leaving school he worked a number of years for Landon and Buchard. Then he followed the carpenter's trade for a few years. In 1902 he moved to Hyde Park Township, taking up farming for three years. In 1905 he returned to Plainview and managed the seed business for Mr. Buchard until 1915, when he opened his present produce business. He handles various kinds of produce, including poultry (live and dressed), eggs, cream, seeds and sand. He has become one of the prosperous merchants of the village, and for the last three years has been ably assisted by his wife, who attends to the books, besides assisting him in other branches of the business. They have just bought the building on the corner of Jefferson and Broadway, consisting of two stories and basement, which is entirely occupied by their rapidly growing business. The marriage of Mr. And Mrs. Eggers took place November 28, 1894, at Wabasha. Mrs. Eggers, whose name in maidenhood was Minnie Siercks, was born in Winona, Minn., December 24, 1876, daughter of Hans and Dorothy (Stark) Siercks. Her parents were natives of Germany who came to America young and were married in this country. Her father was a laboring man nearly all his life, but for ten years he farmed near Hammond, this county. He is still living, and in 1919 had attained the age of 84 years. His residence is with his daughter Emma, at Millville, his wife having died in 1888. Their children were: Bertha (Mrs. John Eggers, of Rochester), Will, who died young, Otto, Emma, Anna, Minnie, Helen and Fred, the two last mentioned of whom are now deceased. Emma is the widow of Claus Schuchard. Mr. And Mrs. Henry H. Eggers are the parents of four children: Helma D., born July 17, 1896, who is residing with her parents; Arnold S., born June 19, 1899, who after graduating from the Plainview high school in 1918, entered a school of engineering at Milwaukee; Harvey L. born January 14, 1905; and Thomas H. born January 24, 1912. The family are affiliated with the Methodist Episcopal church. Politically Mr. Eggers is a Republican.
Eggers, John H. (page 543), now living retired in the village of Plainview, was for some years one of the leading farmers in this township. He was born in Farmington Township, Olmsted County, December 24, 1874, son of Jurgen and Elsie (Eitzman) Eggers. His education, begun in a district school in Farmington Township, was continued in the Plainview village school, and after he became industrially active he worked for his father until 1896. He then started out for himself, buying 140 acres in sections 23 and 24, Plainview Township, where he did general farming until 1911. In that year he effected a trade of property by which he acquired 240 acres in sections 14 and 15, Plainview Township, at which location he remained, engaged in general farming and stock raising until his retirement in 1919. He has bought a beautiful home in the village, which he now occupies. He served as clerk of Plainview township for 17 years, and was school director of Districts 59 and 62 for 12 years, and is now serving as recorder for the village of Plainview. On April 6, 1896, Mr. Eggers was united in marriage with Adeline Goetz, daughter of August and Rosa (Waundrie) Goetz, early settlers in Wabasha County. They have had two children: Alfred, born April 5, 1897, who is now living on the Louis Holtz farm in this township; and Raymond A., born May 2, 1909, who is attending school in the village. Mr. Eggers and his family are members of the German Lutheran church. They have a wide circle of friends throughout this part of the county and are personally popular.
Eggers, Joseph (page 312), one of the early settlers of Wabasha County, now passed away, whose labors were productive of good results, both to himself and family and to the community in which he successively made his home, was a native of Germany, where he grew to manhood, and married Amelia Schrew. On their wedding day he and his bride started for America, and on landing in this country proceeded west to Iowa, where for about two years they both worked in a flour mill. Then they came to Minnesota, and several years later settled in Wabasha County, buying a claim of 160 acres in the township of Hyde Park. The land was wild and heavily timbered, none of it having been broken, so Mr. Eggers had a task before him requiring energy, patience and muscle. With all these he was well endowed, and with the able assistance of his wife, who was a willing worker, he cut the timber, erected a set of buildings and developed the land, thy finally finding themselves the owners of a very good farm. In 1875 they bought a farm of 120 acres in Plainview Township. This latter place was already improved, so there was less strenuous work for them to do, and they resided on it until 1905, in which year they retired and became residents of Plainview Village. Here Mrs. Amelia Eggers died June 30, 1910. She was survived less than five years by her husband, who passed away in February, 1915. Of the nine children the two first born died in infancy. The others, in order of birth, were: John C., now of Rochester; Dora De Grief, of Forest Lake; Minnie, of Plainview; Emma, now Mrs. H. K. Oliverson, of Plainview; Mary, who became the wife of Ed Persons, and died in September, 1900; Henry H., a well known business man of Plainview, and George, who resides in Arkansaw (sic).
Engel, Herman (page 432), a prominent farmer of Elgin Township, and the present chairman of the town board, was born at Oakridge, Winona County, October 19, 1874, son of Fred and Johanna (Holst) Engel. Fred Engel, the father, was a native of Mecklenburg, Germany, and came to America in 1873, locating at Fountain City, Wis., where he remained during the winter. In 1875 he bought 80 acres of land in Winona County, Minnesota, in Mt. Vernon Township, and was there engaged in farming until 1881. In that year he bought 160 acres in section 4, Whitewater Township, that county, on which tract he erected the entire set of buildings himself. As a general farmer he continued to prosper until his death on August 26, 1896. He was married in November, 1873, to Johanna Holst, also a native of Germany, and they had six children: Herman, of Elgin Township; Edward, who died October 19, 1918; William, a resident of Elgin; Freda, who died in 1893; Minnie, now Mrs. Henry Ott, of Plano, Ill; and Henry, who is a merchant in Stockton, Minn. Herman Engel acquired his education in the Hoosier Ridge District School, Winona County. After becoming industrially active, he worked on farms in that vicinity until 1895, after which, on account of his father's illness, he was for two years at home. In 1897 he rented 80 acres in section 8, Plainview Township, and began farming for himself. He remained at that location until 1901, in which year he bought the 80-acre farm in section 24, on which he now resides. On this place he has erected a new house, barn, and outbuildings, and his land is well cultivated and productive. Mr. Engel was married October 6, 1897, to Pauline Jacob, who was born October 19, 1874. He and his wife have been the parents of nine children, eight of whom are now living. The record in brief is as follows: Helen, born July 23, 1898, now Mrs. George Ihde, of Mansfield, S. D.; Laura, born September 26, 1899, now Mrs. Alfred Zimdars, of Winona, Minn.; Lydia, born January 4, 1901, now attending business college in Winona; Esther, born October 12, 1902; Edna, born July 3, 1905; Erwin, March 7, 1907; Mollie, February 13, 1909; Harold, born August 31, 1910, who died February 17, 1918;and Ardell, born August 1, 1912. Erwin, Mollie and Ardell are attending school. Esther and Edna are also residing at home. Mr. and Mrs. Engel and their family are members of the German Lutheran church. They are people of good standing in the community and have a wide circle of friends. He is a stockholder in the Farmers and Merchants Bank of Elgin and in the Plainview Co-operative Creamery, and a member of the Elgin Shipping Association.
Erding, Julius J. (page 246), who was for many years a well known and popular business man of Plainview, but who is now deceased, was born at Buffalo City, Buffalo County, Wis., July 9, 1866, the eldest of the fifteen children of Henry Erding. He was educated in the public schools of his native community, and came to Plainview, Wabasha County, Minn., in 1888. Here for five years he was in the employ of Landon & Burchard, druggists, after which he engaged in business for himself, and so continued until his retirement in 1912. For many years he was a member of the fire department. He passed away December 4, 1915. In religion he was a Roman Catholic. Mr. Erding was a man of good qualities which made him a valuable friend, a hind, obliging neighbor, a devoted husband and an affectionate father, a man who was sympathetic to all suffering, and one easily moved to helpfulness toward those touched by the griefs and troubles which are the common heritage of humanity. He was a lover of out-doors and a follower of healthful sports, being a successful hunter and fisherman, finding in these pursuits recreation from the strenuous duties of his business life. Mr. Erding was married October 11, 1888, at Wabasha, Minn., to Olive Slawson, who was born in Cook Valley, this county, October 20, 1869, daughter of Dewelling ["Dwelling" according to Arthur Slawson's biography] and Lucinda (Dudley) Slawson. Her father was born in New York State and her mother at North Adams, Mass. They were married in Buck County, Wis., May 14, 1864, and early in the sixties settled in Cook Valley, this county, In 1874 they moved to Indian Creek Valley, where they were engaged in agriculture until 1888, when they retired to Plainview. Here Mr. Slawson died January 29, 1890, and Mrs. Slawson, January 31, 1908, having survived her husband just eighteen years and two days. They were the parents of nine children, born as follows: Susan J., February 12, 1857; Arthur W., April 7, 1859, John S., January 18, 1861; George W., January 30, 1863; Eli D. ["Ely" according to Arthur Slawson's biography], February 1, 1865; Cora B., September 26, 1867; Olive L., October 20, 1869; Curtis P., November 19, 1871, and Charles S., April 29, 1877. Mr. and Mrs. Erding were the parents of two children: Albert R., born January 11, 1891, and Elsie G., the date of whose nativity has been already given. Albert R., died June 20, 1909. Elsie G., now Mrs. Ralph V. Murray, was graduated from Plainview high school in the class of 1914. She and her husband are popular members of Plainview society.
Erickson, Martin (page 350), who is prosperously engaged in general farming, stock-raising and dairying in Oakwood Township, was born in this township, May 22, 1888, son of Eric and Emma (Carlson) Erickson. The parents were natives of Sweden who came to America in 1870, the father coming with his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Peter Erickson, who settled in Oakwood Township, this county, on a farm of 340 acres. On the death of Peter Erickson, his son Eric bought the farm, which he carried on until 1916, when he sold the property to his sons. He and his wife are now living retired on the old homestead with two of their sons. They had in all eight children, three of whom, Alfred, Ina and Freda, are now deceased. The survivors are Swan, Edward, Martin, William and Minnie. Martin Erickson was reared on his parents' farm and in boyhood attended the district school. He worked at home until 1916, in which year he bought 80 acres from his father. His purchase consisted merely of land, and in the way of improvements there was not even a fence-post. Now all is well fenced, and the farm has good buildings, Mr. Erickson, as soon as he came into possession, having erected a tile and stucco house of eight rooms and bath; also a barn, 26 by 32 feet, with a tile basement, for horses and cattle, and a good windmill. Industrious and enterprising, he is making steady progress and has taken rank among the reliable and useful citizens of his township. Not being married, his sister Minnie keeps house for him. He is a member of the Swedish Lutheran church, as are all the other members of the Erickson family.
Evers, August (page 616), one of the thriving farmers of Glasgow Township, was born in Hanover, Germany, October 10, 1875, son of Henry and Mary Ann (Hermes) Evers. The parents came to the United States in 1876, directly to Wabasha County, Minn., and were accompanied by two children: Caroline, now Mrs. Anton Schuth of Greenfield Township; and August. They settled on section 12, Glasgow Township, buying 160 acres of land, of which ten or fifteen were improved. There was also an old log house on the place. There the parents passed the rest of their lives, the father dying February 9, 1892, and the mother, November 23, 1909. Their children were as follows: Caroline, already mentioned, who was born in Germany; August, also born in Germany; Henry, born in Wabasha County, October 5, 1877, who died Oct. 16, 1894; Anna, born November 5, 1879, now Mrs. Garrett Wolfe of Greenfield Township; Joseph, born November 16, 1881, who resides in Greenfield Township; Anthony, born in April 1883, who died in childhood; Mary, born September 16, 1885, now Mrs. Henry J. Meyer of Pepin Township; and Margaret, born May 9, 1891, who resides with her brother, Joseph. The father, Henry Evers, had a successful career, working industriously to develop his farm. At the time of his death he owned 253 acres, and had a good frame house, besides a log barn and other buildings. This he gained by his own energy, assisted by his family, as he came here with very little in the way of capital to start with. He was a Democrat in politics but held no local office. August Evers was educated in District School No. 68, Glasgow Township, and has always resided on the home farm, to which he has added 40 acres, now owning 293 acres. To meet the necessities of his business and keep up with modern progress, he has erected a fine set of buildings with modern equipment, among them a good silo. He is giving his attention to general farming, principally stock raising and dairying, milking about 20 cows. His cattle are high grade Holsteins and his hogs of the Duroc breed and as a part of his equipment he owns a good auto car. He is a stockholder in the Greenfield Farmers' Telephone Co. and the Dumfires Hall Association. In politics he is a Democrat, but has so far held no office except that of clerk of his school district. Mr. Evers married Augusta Passe, who was born in Glasgow Township, March 5, 1883, daughter of Albert and Mary Passe. Of this union 12 children have been born: Leo B., February 16, 1904; Martha M., November 8, 1905; Laura J., January 18, 1907; Agnes L., July 29, 1908; Marion L., December 5, 1909; Marcella H., July 28, 1911; Albertine J., April 18, 1913; Clara M., August 9, 1914; Julius C., February 24, 1916; Bertha H., Oct 8, 1917; Irvin F., October 11, 1918; and Lucile R., December 25, 1919. Mr. Evers and his family are Catholic in religion, belonging to St. Felix parish, Mr. Evers being also a member of St. Joseph's society.
Evers, Bernard (page 690), who is numbered among the active and successful farmers of Highland Township, residing in section 13, was born in Wabasha Township, Wabasha County, Minn., in 1880, son of Joseph and Theresa Evers. The parents were natives of Germany and came to the United States in 1875, settling in Wabasha County, Minn., on a farm in Wabasha Township. After operating that farm until 1881, they bought one of 200 acres in section 4, Highland Township, to which they subsequently added until it reached its present area of 400 acres. Here Joseph Evers died July 4, 1907, and his wife in September, 1914. After the mother's death the farm was purchased by two of the sons, Henry and Frank, who now operate it. When first taken possession of by Joseph Evers it was all new land, and he and his sons placed it under cultivation. They also replaced the original log shanties with a good residence, a substantial barn and other necessary structures, keeping full pace with the general progress of the community. Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Evers had a family of 11 children, of whom nine are now living. They were: Bernard, Henry, Frank, Louise, Lucy, Mary, Celia, Lizzie, Rose, Anna and Joseph. As before mentioned, Henry and Frank are on the home farm; Louise is keeping house for Bernard; Lucy is the wife of Charles Kreyer of Glasgow Township; Mary is the wife of Henry Emerson of Highland; Celia is the wife of Will Demming of Oakwood Township; Lizzie and Rose are on the home farm, and Anna and Joseph are deceased. Bernard Evers was educated in district school No. 98, and was reared on the home farm, on which he became industrially active when old enough to work. There he remained until 1913, when he bought 150 acres in section 13, where he has since lived, and where he is now engaged in general farming, stock raising and dairying with profitable results. His residence is a good stone house of eight rooms, his barn measures 40 by 60 feet, and he has a good granary, machine-shed and other outbuildings, all substantial and in good condition. All the buildings are equipped with electric light, and he uses electric power for operating his cream separator and for other purposes, his methods in all things being up to date and effective. He is a member of the Catholic church, belonging to Conception parish, and he is also a member of the Knights of Columbus. Thus far he has not married, his sister Louise, as previously mentioned, keeping house for him.
Evers, Henry (page 691), a prosperous farmer of Highland Township, who, with his brother Frank is operating the old home farm established by his parents, situated partly in Highland and partly in Glasgow Township, was born on this farm February 12, 1887, son of Joseph and Theresa Evers. The parents, natives of Germany, settled in Wabasha County in 1875, residing in Wabasha Township until 1881, and then removing to Highland Township, where they bought 200 acres in section 4 and subsequently developed a farm which they enlarged by purchase to an area of 400 acres. The father, Joseph, died in 1907, and his wife in 1914. They had a family of ten children, of whom nine are now living. Henry Evers was reared on the home farm and acquired his education in the district school. He assisted his father until the latter's death, and subsequent to that event he and his brother Frank carried on the farm for their mother. When she died Henry and Frank purchased the property and have since operated it together, each giving his attention to a certain portion. Henry's part consists of 250 acres, part in Glasgow and part in Highland Township. He has a good farm house of nine rooms, and two barns, one 36 by 72 and the other 30 by 50 feet, with a good granary, machine shed and other buildings. He and his brother follow general farming and stock raising, and are doing a paying business. Their sisters, Lizzie and Rose, keep house for them. The family are members of the Catholic church and Mr. Evers belongs also to the Knights of Columbus.
World War ~ Son Served in USA
Evers, Ignatz (page 689), one of the leading farmers in Highland Township, operating a farm of 240 acres, was born in Germany, November 6, 1853, son of Barney and Rosa Evers. The parents, who were farmers, lived and died in their native Germany. They had four sons and two daughters, only one son and one daughter being now living, namely: Ignatz and Louise. The latter is the wife of Henry Angelbeck. In addition to these two, the two other brothers, Barney and Joseph, came to the United States and both died here. The other sister, Theresa, died in Germany. Ignatz Evers was reared on a farm and attended school in his native land. In 1878 he came to America, locating in Wabasha, Minn., where he resided, working out by the day until 1902, when he began farming for himself on the Caspar Schad farm, which he purchased. This farm, which contains 240 acres, lies partly in sections 4 and 5, Highland Township, and partly in sections 32 and 33, Glasgow Township, and is provided with a good frame house of eight room; two barns, one 30 by 80, and the other 20 by 30 feet, with a granary attached; a machine shed, and other substantial buildings, each of which is lighted by electricity from Mr. Evers' own electric plant. Mr. Evers is successfully carrying on general farming and stock raising, breeding horses, cattle, hogs and poultry. His farm is under good cultivation and is able managed, with correspondingly good financial results. In 1884 Mr. Evers was married in Highland Township to Mary Schad, who was born at McGregor, Iowa, July 16, 1857, daughter of Casper and Genevieve Schad, her parents being old settlers and farmers in Highland Township. Both are now deceased, Mr. Schad dying August 17, 1902 and Mrs. Schad on May 26, the same year. They had three daughters; Lizzie, Mary and Anna, of whom Lizzie is the only one now living. Mr. and Mrs. Evers became the parents of three sons and one daughter: Theodore, Edward, Joseph and Bertha, all living at home. Mrs. Evers died December 9, 1910, since which time Bertha has kept house for her father and brothers. The family are members of the Catholic church, the sons belonging to the Knights of Columbus. Joseph C. enlisted in the Heavy Artillery and was attached to the 163rd Depot Brigade at Camp Cody, New Mexico. He was honorably discharged December 13, 1919.