The Andrew County (MO)|
Museum and Historical Society (ACM&HS)
* Web sites: SavannahMO.net
* Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose of the Andrew County Museum and Historical Society membership program
is to aid in the development of educational opportunities for members and
special programs and events for the public. Involvement in the museum
membership program provides a social format for involving the public in the
museum experience and serves as an open forum for discussions on historical
Membership dues are:
As a member to the ACM&HS you will receive:
- $ 8.00 - Student/Senior Citizen: open to any full time
student or individual over 60.
- $12.00 - Individual: open to any individual.
- $20.00 - Joint: open to any couple.
- $25.00 - Family: open to any couple with any number of
children at home.
- $50.00 - Patron: open to any individual, couple, or family.
- $100.00 - Benefactor: open to any individual, couple, or family.
"Yes, I want to Join!"
- Quarterly issues of the society's newsletter "Diggin' History;"
- Quarterly membership meetings and voting privileges of prospective board members;
- Discounts to special events and programs (where a charge is applicable);
- Discounts for genealogical services and in the museum gift shop (at designated
- Invitations to the annual Membership Dinner and exhibit preview parties;
- Notices to all programs, exhibits, special events and "members only" functions;
- Notification of governmental actions affecting historical agencies and updates
on regional functions;
- Comfort in knowing you are contributing to Andrew County's only public
Cultural Arts Institution.
Send your request with the type of membership you want noted and with a check for the
total amount made out to the Andrew County Museum.
Mail this to:
Andrew County Museum
PO Box 12
Savannah, MO 64485-0012
Questions? Email Genealogy Department at
Census in book form
Andrew County Probate Records
Vertical file and index of research
Birth and Death Records:
Andrew County Platt books
| || Andrew Co Genealogy|
Andrew County Historical Society & Museum
Genealogy Department Book List
Books for sale 2008 update
The Andrew County Historical Society has the following books for sale:
Local Research Resouces
|Andrew County: A Community - ||$35 |
Andrew County: A Community, Vol. II - ||$35 |
Goodspeed's History of Andrew & Dekalb Counties -||$30|
Goodspeed's History of Missouri -||$15|
Newspaper Gleanings of Andrew County & Surrounding Area -||$20|
Andrew County Missouri Swiss Heritage (1841 - 1991) -||$20|
Andrew County Cemeteries, Vol. 1 - 6 -||$8|
Andrew County Cemeteries, Vol. 7 -||$10|
Federal Census 1850 Andrew County - ||$12.50|
Federal Census 1860 Andrew County - ||$12.50|
Eleventh Census (1890) Andrew County - ||$8|
Andrew County Marriage Records 1841 -||$10|
Andrew County Marriage Records 1856 - ||$10|
Early Andrew County Schools - compiled from 1911 school report - ||$8|
Postage & handling: hard cover - add $9, per book |
|Postage & handling: soft cover - add $5 per book|
Because of the many original Andrew County Records that are stored in the Genealogy Department, only
genealogy department volunteers can assist researchers.
* The Genealogy Department is open from 10-4 on Thursdays and Fridays and by appointment.
* Copying of Records is allowed by our volunteers.
* Probate and Will records are $1.00 per page, and are reduced to 8x11 sheets.
* Microfilm copies are 50 cents per page.
* Copies from books and/or files are 20 cents per page.
* Research donation is $10 per hour, plus copying and mailing.
E-MAIL or SNAIL MAIL:
For specific details on copying costs and genealogy research questions,
contact the Genealogy Department at
or by snail mail to:
Savannah, MO 64485
Attention: Jean Smith
Requests for research by mail should include
a SASE and specific names and dates so research can be done.
If an e-mail address is provided I will personally
* answer the request,
Checks are to be made out to the Andrew County Museum
* suggest the price and
* how long it will take to do the resarch.
Research, copying, and books that are for sale are our only way of making money for the genealogy department.
Thank you for your support.
W. Jean Smith
Genealogy Department Manager
More Details on Available Research Resources|
Books: State of Missouri Census: 1830, 1840, 1850. These are heads of household census and location in Missouri.
Microfilm: Andrew COunty Census: 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880, 1900, 1910, 1920, and 1930. The slave owners for 1850 and 1860 Andrew County census.
Census in book form: 1840 Buchanan County Census (includes early Andrew County pioneers), 1850, 1860, all indexed. Also the 1870 Andrew County Census, which is not indexed.
Andrew County Probate Records, beginning of the county 1841-1985. An index was developed by one of our volunteers.
Vertical file and index of research that has been done by genealogy and other researchers.
Newspapers: We are the caretakers of the Savannah Reporters, large bound volumes by year. We have the microfilm of the Savannah Reporter from its' beginning April 1876-1932. Many of the paper volumes are in very bad shape and simply cannot be handled. Some years are missing. We have the original newspapers up to 1999. A few earlier newspapers, some microfilmed and some in the original books. Duplicate news in other newspapers that were in Andrew County. (The Democrat and The Republican, etc.)
Obituaries: Many, many obituaries are available for copying. An index is being prepared and ongoing.
Some Church Records
Birth and Death Records: selected years on microfilm
Land Records index on microfilm, and the actual microfilmed records 1841- about 1885.
Andrew County Platt books, 1877, 1897, 1909, and 1926. These show the landowners. Also The Picture Book of Andrew County 1904.
School Yearbooks: some Savannah High School, Savannah Junior High, Fillmore, and Rosendale yearbooks.
Surrounding counties, limited information: Buchanan, Atchison, Holt, Nodaway, Dekalb, Clay, Clinton, and Platt.