Andrew County, MO Family History Surnames and Queries are listed here
Messages were posted to this list between February 8, 1999 through
August 26, 1999, and updated later by request. Besides the alphabetical listing on the
main page, here are previous postings:
- GEORGE (Enoch and Jane (McCOTTER)) Platte township http://www.rootsweb.com/~moandrew/gifs/andrew98.htm. Nancy Sween (Feb 8, 1999)
- ENSLOW (David and Laura) Helena. Earlene Enslow Sowell (Feb 9, 1999)
DAVID ENSLOW AND LAURA (Shay or Shaw) had a child, DAVID ERNEST b.1885
I'm not sure they were ever married. David was shot and killed in Joplin,Mo. in 1902 by a
jealous husband. He was using an alias at the time (Charles Davis) but had told the woman
involved that his family lived in Helena Mo. I found just 2 lines to that effect in a Helena newspaper in Aug, 1902. Does anyone know anyone from that family. They ran a grocery in Helena at one time.Probably around 1880. They may have lived around Rochester also. Have lots of info I will share on the Enslows. Thanks.
- MOUTRAY (CHESTEEN & PHEBE GRAY) MONROE TWP, ANDREW CO., ABT 1850 TO 1910. Betty Moutray (Feb 11, 1999)
Chesteen Moutray b. 10 Sept 1818, Todd Co., KY, d. 7 May 1910,
Andrew Co., MO; m. Phebe Gray 4 May 1849 Cass Co., IL.
Children: 1. William b. 1852, 2. Mary b. 20 May 1853; 3. Ann b. 1856
4. Frances; 5. David Franklin b. 10 Dec 1861; 6. John;
7. Moriah b. 1864; 8. Rosa B. b. 13 Sept 1869. David Franklin
m. Ella Almira Shreves. I would like to share information
with anyone searching Moutray or Shreves.
- DAVIS (Pearson and Sarah J. BELIEU) Crawford Township 1840s. Chuck Nelson (Feb 12, 1999)
I am looking for the parents of Pearson Davis. He is listed as Resin Davis in 1840 census. He married Sarah J. Belieu on Aug. 5, 1841 in Andrew Co. She was the daughter of Micajah B. Belieu also of Crawford Township. They lived in Newton Co. until 1864. Then they moved to Douglas Co. Oregon. Census' had him as Ransom, Robson and Reason. Thanks for any help.
- JOHNSON (Samuel R.M. -- Mary Jane "Mollie" CALDWELL) Flag Springs, Empire Township. Twila Beck (Feb 13, 1999)
JOHNSON, Samuel R.M., b. 29 Jun 1836, Tuscarawas Co., OH, m. 3 May 1854, Tuscarawas Co., OH., to Mary Jane "Mollie" CALDWELL, b. 27 Jun 1835, OH. Res Saginaw, MI 1858 to 1867. Res Jasper Co., MO., area 1870. Res. Andrew Co., MO., 1880. Names of children: Emrett; John Charles Fremont; Gertrude; James Edwin; Laura Co.; Cleopatra; Annie Mabel; Samuel R.M. Jr.; Blance E.; Gracie M.
- REID (Peter Milia -- Emrett JOHNSON) Flag Springs, Empire Township. Twila Beck (Feb 13, 1999)
On the 1880 Census Peter Milia was listed as an Actor in the Theatre. He was age 28, b. Scotland. He had earlier married earlier in St. Joseph on 31 May 1880 to Emrett JOHNSON. She was listed as an actress. Both were residing at the time with her parents, Samuel R.M. JOHNSON and his spouse Mary Jane "Mollie" Caldwell.
- TILTON (Roswell and Persis WOOD) on the county line between Andrew County and DeKalb County from 1865-1884. Elva Michal (Feb 16, 1999)
Searching for any information about the family of Roswell Spencer Tilton and his wife Persis Ann (Wood) Tilton. Children include Honora May, James S., Mary Ann, Leurena Rosilla, Lydia Matilda, Martha E., Theodore, and Edward Clarence. Other family surnames would include FOLKS and VENARD. Contact email@example.com
- JENKINS (Jesse wife Elizabeth Wilson) born 1839 Andrew Co, MO. Patti Waitman-Ingebretsen (Feb 21, 1999)
Jesse JENKINS b 1839 Andrews Co. MO m. Elizabeth WILSON. Looking for his parents, siblings, ancestors, descendents.
- COLYER (George and Mary THOMAS). Pat Johnson (Feb 23, 1999)
Mary THOMAS married Goerge COLYER in Andrew Co MO in 1873. Was her father John S.? Need help finding more info on Mary.
- STARKWEATHER (Charles E. & Eliza J. WORTHEN) Savannah 1861-1869. Jackie Hart Stegeman (Feb 24, 1999)
Seeking info on C.E. and E.J. STARKWEATHER: my 2nd greatgrandparents. They had 5 children:
3 died in infancy and are supposedly buried in Andrew County. Two sons survived:
William Garshom and Charles U. The family owned land from after the Civil War until 1869 when
C.E. could not pay his taxes and the land was put up for sale by the sheriff. After this
occurred, C.E. took his family and moved to Iowa. C.E. served in the 42nd regiment out of
St. Joseph. Would liek to hear from anyone who can tell me about this family. (This email address does not work. -8/99)
- MCLAUGHLIN, MCGLOTHLIN (George William and Susannah BRYANT) around 1860s around Cosby, Mo.
Kathy Eaton (Feb 27, 1999 + later update)
I'm looking for Information on my great grandparents
He was born July 10,1848 and died on July 12, 1879 in Andrew County, MO.
Susannah was born, March 4, 1846, and died in 1918. Both are buried in
High Prairie Cemetery, Cosby, Mo. I need to fine who SUSANNAH'S parents was. any info
I can get would be appreciated.
- EPPARD or EPARD (Samuel & ? HALEY) 1870'S, Avenue City. Charles Meyer, Lincoln County Genealogy Society (Mar 3, 1999)
- PATTERSON (Samuel PATTERSON & Mary PITTMAN) Near Fillmore Mo. Vernal Lawnick (Mar 14, 1999)
Want to know any info that can be given
- MESSICK. Jean Brandt (Mar 14, 1999)
I am researching the MESSICK family in Andrew Co. and would be glad to trade information with anyone who's interested.
- MUIR. Jean Brandt (Mar 14, 1999)
I am researching the MUIR family in Andrew Co. and would be glad to trade information. Thanks.
- ALLYN (Philo, Sarah WELBORN) 1870 Rochester Twp. Emily Moore (Mar 16, 1999)
Seeking information about death dates and burial place of Philo (b. 07-Mar-1824 Posey Co., IN) and Sarah WELBORN ALLYN (b. 10-May-1827), their son Virgil ALLYN (b. abt. Feb. 1850) or any information about any other children or descendents.
- VAUGHT (Galen & Estoria OWEN) AMOS F. OWEN FARM 1876. Debbie Vaught Showaker (Mar 25, 1999)
I am searching for any information on Galen Vaught, Estoria C. Owen Vaught, Amos F. Owen and Betsey Owen, Amos F. Owen died in 1883, Betsey Owen 4-17-1906, Geo W. Vaught died 5-10-1888, Elvira E. Vaught died 4-1-1894. They are all buried in Andrew County. Plus need info on land deeds
- CALDWELL (John and Margaret CLOUSER) Rochester. Christine Jaynes Talbot (Mar 27, 1999)
John b. 1810 Ohio, and Margaret moved to Rochester abt 1849-50 with 4 children: Simon c. (m. Amanda THOMPSON), Joseph H. (m. Minerva TOMLINSON), Lousia (m.?), David G. (m.Josephine SURLES). They then had John L. (m.?), Eliza (M.?), and Henry Clayton (m.?).
John had a brother William b. 1808 Ohio who also moved to Rochester at same time and they operated a sawmill on the Platte until the Civil War.
- CALDWELL (Joseph H. and Minerva TOMLINSON) Rochester. Christine JAYNES TALBOT (Mar 27, 1999)
Joseph and Minerva m. Oct. 40, 1866 had 4 children that lived to adulthood: Maude Ellen b. 1871 (m. Thomas Newton JANES), Margaret b. 1873 (m. William SHREVES), Mattie (m. George MILLER), Frank (Freddie?) (m. Della ?).
I will gladly share what I have on these families.
- WAY (David Batton and Mary BROOKS) Helena. Christine JAYNES TALBOT (Mar 27, 1999)
David and Mary came first to Buchanan Co. in 1867 then to Helena in 1870.
The children that made it to adulthood were: David Gammell b. 1855 (m. Mggie WOODWARD), William Lewis b. 1863 (m.?), Anna Mary b. 1853 (m. John CROCKER), Fannie Jane b. 1867 (m. Godfrey SNYDER), Evalena Stanton (never married).
- JANES, JAYNES (Henry C. and Amanda FLESHER) Christine JAYNES TALBOT (Mar 27, 1999)
Henry and Amanda (dau. of Adam FLESHER)were m. 1855 and had the following children: Adam (d.? m.?), Elizabeth Jane (m. HANSON), Ida F. (m. PATTON), and Thomas Newton (m. Maude E. CALDWELL).
Would like to know what happend to Adam JANES. And would also like to find out when and where Henry's father, William H. JANES b. abt 1802 VA, died and William's wifes name.
- HINDS, HINDES (Hiram and Sarah STONE) Empire Prairie, 1880-1902 Looking for any info. Paul Hindes (Mar 28, 1999)
Looking for any info about Hiram & Sarah Hinds (Hindes) family children Anna Hinds, Gepford, Cora, James P., William H., Albert, & Kemper S. in late 1800's.
- DONALD (Lewis and Sarah Ann SCOTT) 1865 through early 1900s they lived in Savannah . Robert Donald (Mar 30, 1999)
I am searching for the parents of Sarah Ann Scott who married Willim Bowlin during the Civil War near Mound City, KS. After his death, she and Mrs. Amanda Carlyle (Carlisle) married brothers Lewis and Alexander Donald in Savannah. Alexander moved to Atchison, Ks, but Lewis continued to live in Savannah. The had stepchildren Mary A. Hale and Wm. Bowlin, Jr., and Andrew.
- ENSLOW (David and Mary Elizabeth HAWKINS) Helena and Rochester in 1880. EARLENE SOWELL (Apr 1, 1999)
- BINGGELI (Martha Amelia BINGGELI). Willidean Thornton Green (Apr 8, 1999)
My grandmother's name was Martha Amelia Binggeli-1876, brother
was Chris-1871. Chris owned 40 acres in Andrew or Dekalb county,
was married to Hannah and had four children, Alma-1898,
Arnold-1901, Ernest-1903, and Pearlie-1905.Chris died at
age 36 and is buried in Zion Church Cemetery or Albright
Cemetery. Do you have any information on this family?
- BISHOP (George Mary TOLES) Whitesville 1869. Randie Myers (Apr 11, 1999)
Need info on George Powell Bishop and Mary J. Toles who were married in Whitesville, Andrew County 9-5-1869. They had four children: James Henry, Cevilla Mae, Albert Otha, and Henrietta. Mary died 9-3-1884. sometime before 1889 George married Elizabeth L. Funk. They had three children: Margaret Lillian, Glenn Roy, and Jessie Irene. All of these children except Jessie were born in Whitesville, she was born in Fulton.
Any help anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated and I will share what I have.
- MYERS (William & Susan BOYD ) St. Joseph 1878. Randie Myers (Apr 11, 1999)
Looking for info on family of Robert W. MYERS who married (1)Susan Boyd and (2)Anna Eliza FAIR. Robert and Susan had three children: Robert Lee, Wavie Ellen, and Ozeta. Susan died about 1870. He married Annie beore 1876. They had six children: Blanche Leigh, William Perry, John Malcom, Flora E., Flossie Odelphia, and Marlin. William Perry and Flossie Odelphia were born in St. Joseph. Robert Lee is supposed to have been part owner of a brewery in St. Joseph.
Any help will be greatly appreciated, and I will share what I have.
- RAUH (John & Caroline HURST ) St. Joseph area about 1870-1889. Dixie McCutchan (Apr 13, 1999)
John RAUH was born in Baden Germany about 1827.
Carolina HURST was born in Baden Germany about 1842.
They married in IN. and had 12 children. They went to
Andrew Co., MO about 1871 as far as I can determine.
I would like to communicate with others searching for
- ESTES (Peter & Ester (Esther) HIATT) Jefferson Township 1840. Jean Smith (Apr 16, 1999)
- LISLE family of Amazonia http://www.ccp.com/~sparky/index.html. A.D. Sparks (Apr 18, 1999)
Researching all Lisle's in and around Amazonia
- MILBOURN, MILBOURNE family of Amazonia http://www.ccp.com/~sparky/index.html. A.D. Sparks (Apr 18, 1999)
Researching all Milbourn/Milbourne in and around Amazonia 1850's to present.
- DIVELBLISS (Sara, sister of Anna Grimes of DeKalb Co.) Sara lived in the Hemple, Missouri area. Jeanne Shelton (Apr 24, 1999)
DIVELBLISS, searching for any and all descendants of Sara Divelbliss who lived near Hemple, Missouri
- TULL (Levin and Malvina/Lavina REYNOLDS) Platte Twsp http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Valley/9279/. Corinna Castor (Apr 24, 1999)
Hi, I'm working on the Following family. I'm trying to connect a Dennis Reynolds to the Levin Tull's wife Malvina Reynolds, I think he is her father. Corinna - firstname.lastname@example.org
1860 -Missouri - Andrew County - Platte Township - Page 83 / 303
572/558 Levin Tull 72 M Farmer 100/400 B: North Carolina
Melvina 38 F B: Tennesse
Martin V. 20 M B: Indiana
William 15 M: B: Indiana - (This is William Reynolds not William Tull)
Sarah J 13 F B: Indiana
F. M. 8 Male B: Indiana
Levin 7 M B: Indiana
H. E. 5 F B: Missouri
1860 - Missouri - Andrew County - Platte Township Page 83 / 303
573/559 Dennis Reynolds 60 M Farmer 150 B: TN
Hannah 64 F B: TN
H.H. 20 M Day Laboer B: IN
WM Scott 24 M B: MO
Susan 28 F B: MO
James 11 M B: MO
Albert 5 M B: MO
WH 3 M B: MO
- REYNOLDS (Dennis and Hannah ?) Platte Twsp http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Valley/9279/. Corinna Castor (Apr 24, 1999)
Hi, I'm working on the following family...There are probably more children just not sure yet.
Descendants of Dennis Reynolds
1 Dennis Reynolds b: Bet. 1799 - 1800 in Tennesse
. +Hannah b: Abt. 1796 in Tennesse
... 2 Malvina / Lavina (Madien Name?) Reynolds b: February 1822 in Tennesse d: February 27, 1909 in Spokane, Washington Interment: Fairmont Cemetery, Spokane, Washington
... *2nd Husband of Malvina / Lavina (Madien Name?) Reynolds: Not sure about - she had two children living with her in 1850 and one in 1860 who's last names were Reynolds..from a previous marriage?? or not???
....... +Levin / Eleven Tull b: 1788 in North Carolina m: September 16, 1846 in Brown County, Indiana d: 1865 in Andrew County, Missouri
... *3rd Husband of Malvina / Lavina (Madien Name?) Reynolds:
....... +Isaac Tull b: April 10, 1836 in Indiana m: Abt. 1864 in Missouri d: July 2, 1908 in Spokane, Washington Interment: Fairmount Cemetery, Spokane, Washington
... 2Hiram Reynolds b: Abt. 1823 in Tennesse
....... +Priscilla (Percilla) Tull b: Abt. 1832 in Brown County, Indiana m: October 18, 1853 in Brown County, Indiana
... *2nd Wife of Hiram Reynolds:
....... +Sarah J. Raper b: Abt. 1832 in Indiana m: February 24, 1948 in Brown County, Indiana
... 2 George Reynolds b: Abt. 1834
... 2 William Reynolds b: Abt. 1837
... 2 Henry H. Reynolds b: Abt. 1840
- ADY (Elmer) Felmore. Virginia Stidman (Apr 24, 1999)
- COLCLASURE, COLCLAZIER (Allen & Nancy HUSTON) 1852. Tricia Colcleasure Carothers (Apr 28, 1999)
Allen COLCLASURE/COLCLAZIER married Nancy HUSTON in Andrew Co., MO 21 Nov. 1852. Would like to find out more about this family. Thank you!
- SIARD (William and Sylva HAWK) Savanna. Tanya L. Parker (May 2, 1999)
Lavann or Lavaughn Siard was born in Savanna, Mo. to William and Sylva Hawk Siard in 1-23-1926. I'm in need of any information on this family. William and Sylva's sibling, parents etc. Thank you!
- DAVIS (Reason and Sarah Jane BELIEU) Crawford Township. Chuck Nelson (May 8, 1999)
I'm looking for the family of Reason Davis.1840 census has him as head of household in Crawford Township. There is a male 10 to 15 years old and a female 70 to 80 years old in the family. I'm guessing his brother and grandmother. He married Sarah Belieu in 1841 in Andrew Co. Moved to Newton Co. soon after and moved to Oregon in 1864.His name is spelled Resin in 1840 Buchanon census and Pearson in marriage record. Thanks for any help.
- THOMPSON (William - unmarried) Savannah? 1836. Wally Thompson (May 12, 1999)
Who were parents of William G. THOMPSON ?
- BOWZER (Richard Henry Lee) b Mar 17, 1871, Andrew County, MO. Katherine Benna (May 17, 1999)
Richard Henry Lee Bowzer is the middle child of John and Helen Maria Bowzer. Thier oldest son John Warfield was also born in Andrew Co., on March 17, 1868
- BROWN (Leonard B. & Hanni KRULL) 101 N First Street, Savannah 1960'S. Ruth A. Hill (May 22, 1999)
(capitalized message deleted)
- MOSHER (George & Martha W ?) Rochester twp 1850 Census. Katherine Wells (May 24, 1999)
Looking for any information on this family.
Descendants of George W. Mosher
1 George W. MOSHER b: 1821 Maine
. +Mary W. b: 1821 Tennessee
... 2 Sara E. MOSHER b: 1849 Missouri
... 2 Charles P. MOSHER b: 1852 Missouri
... 2 Mary MOSHER b: 1854 Missouri
... 2 James W. MOSHER b: 1856 Missouri
... 2 Henry F. MOSHER b: August 1858 Andrew or Dekalb Co., Missouri
....... 2 George W. MOSHER b: 1861 Kansas
George Mary and dau Sara were on the 1850 census by 1860 they were in Dekalb Co.
- ROARK (Marion and Alice CALDWELL). Tedd McGraw (May 30, 1999)
Looking for information on Marion and Alice (Caldwell) Roark. My Great-grandparents. Indication is they lived in the Andrew County area for sometime in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Relatives may still live in Andrew County. I would appreciate any information available.
- BOWEN (Casey P. and Rebecca (Ledgerwood)) Andrew Co. 1867 - past 1880. Gail Blankenau (Jun 1, 1999)
- KENDALL (Benjamin) Savannah. Gail Knights (Jun 7, 1999)
Born around 1952-53.Lived in Kentucky and Colorado
around 72-74.He was single at that time.Was in the army
and served overseas.
- ELLIS (William H. ELLIS) Debbie Gwadera (Jun 11, 1999)
I am searching for information about a William H. Ellis
who died on the Little Platte River circa.1850,this article was in a book about Nodaway,Buchanan,Andrew and
Platte Counties. At the time I saw it (5 or 6 years ago)
I didn't think it was related to my line of Ellises,
I have since found out it was my ggggrandfather,any help in finding this article is much appreciated
- TODD (William & Laura Atkins). Becky Andrews (Jun 12, 1999)
- ETCHISON (James & Nancy BURGIN) Rochester Township, after 1840. Ron Etchison (Jun 12, 1999)
I am looking for the parents of James Etchison and Nancy Burgin. I know that James left North Carolina in 1820 at the age of 7 and went to Indiana. It is unknown with whom he went with. Any help in this area would be welcomed.
- HUNTER (John W. and Mary A.) Rochester. Marvin Trotter (Jun 18, 1999)
Looking for infomation on the John W. Hunter family wife's name Mary A. (Hern) they are on the 1860 Cencus as living in the Rochester Area. In 1865 she married a John Trotter.
- MINTURN (Loren and Catherine KNOPP) Amazonia ca. 1870-1925. Penny Dufoe Minturn (Jun 19, 1999)
- HOBSON (Isaac and Mary Shaw) Lived and owned Land about 1846, moved to Holt Co. by 1857, but bought land in Andrew Co. in 1857. L. Andersson (Jun 19, 1999)
I am searching for information about Isaac HOBSON b.1812 NC and Mary SHAW b.1812 NC m. 1833 Henry Co.,IN.
They moved to Andrew Co. between 1842 and 1844. They lived in Andrew Co. and Holt Co.
1. William,(1840-1906 Henry Co.,IN) m. Matilda BRINSON (1841-1914) 1860 Holt Co.
2. Mary b. 1842 in IN
3. Abitha b. 1844 in MO
4. Stephen b. 1846 in MO
5. Rachel b. 1847 in MO, m. Mr. GENTRY, lived in Oregon, MO.
6. James b. 1849 in MO
- HOWELL, CASON (James Howell, Agnes Cason) m. c1815, probably in Nodaway Township, Andrew Co., MO. Diane Midkiff (Jun 20, 1999)
The information that I've covered to date indicates that I'm descended from James and Agnes (Cason) Howell. Neither were born in Missouri, but apparently were married about 1815 in Nodaway Township, Andrew Co., Missouri, and raised their family there. I am interested in any information anyone has on the Howell or Cason families in this area. Thank you!
- MILLER (George, Nancy BROWN) Rochester from 1864 till 1888. Glenn Miller (Jun 23, 1999)
MILLER,Glenn--Seeking info. on marriage data and location of where they lived, I think on a farm some place.Also birth record of my father Evan B. MILLER.He was born 4 Jan 1869.If any one knows where I can find this info. please e-mail it to me at email@example.com Thanks,I'll appreciate any info. I can get.
- ALBERTSON (Archie and Hannah HOHN) About 1840. Joanne Kennedy (Jun 27, 1999)
I am looking for any information on Archie Albertson or his wife Hannah (Hohn) and her mother Rowetta Hohn. He was a boot and shoe maker in Andrew County sometime around 1840.
- FOULTZ (John and Mary Alice MCCONVILLE) about 1870,1880. Clayton Hutchins (Jun 29, 1999)
I have lots of information on Pennsylvania FOULTZ families from 1800 to now. Looking for an Andrew County, Missouri
connection to the FOULTZ families recently found listed in the LDS Familysearch.org site. FOULTZ descendants appear to
have married into the following families: COLE (1842), NEWTON (1869), MCCONVILLE (1874), SMITH (1883),
- TOMBS (William H. and Ann P. HUDGINS) 1843. Marilyn Heitz (Jun 30, 1999)
On July 13, 1843 William H. TOMBS appointed Elijah SMITH
as his attorney to demand and receive money from the
State of Missouri for services as Colonel during the
Mormon campaign. This document was prepared and sworn
to in ANDREW County, Missouri. Can anyone give me any
information about this campaign, or where I might find
- CURRIER (Jacob and Betsy SMITH) supposedly Amazonia, c1845. Lorna Dunklee (Jul 3, 1999)
Looking for any info on this couple, especially the dates of death and where they are buried. Thanks
- ENSLOW (David Enslow and Laura SHAY) in Helena and Rosendale about 1800 to 1905.
Earlene Enslow Sowell (Jul 4, 1999)
The Enslows and the Shays were neighbors in 1880 according to the census for andrew co. and Laura Shay and David Enslow had a child in 1885. I would like to find anyone who knows anything about either family. firstname.lastname@example.org
- DALTON (George, Ida SHEWMAKER) Marred in 1987 in Andrew Co. Lois A. Dalton Ponder (Jul 5, 1999)
Ida Mae Shewmaker (my Grandmother) died in 1892. Everyone asssumes that she died there. I am trying to find her resting place. Also cause of death. Have researched at the museum with Jean Smith. Her parents are buried in Helena. Thanks, Lois Dalton Ponder
- KABEL (Garland D. Kabel & Venice V. CLARK) Savannh 14Jun 1916. Tim Failes (Jul 6, 1999)
Hello! My grandfather is Garland Kabel, he was born in Savannh 14Jun1916. His father was Roy Kabel, if anybody knows anything about these people please contact me!
- PRYOR (Marion Henry and Minnie Marie COBB) Savannah. Rebecca Swymeler (Jul 7, 1999)
Would like the place of birth of their parents...Henry Lewis Cobb and Hattie Russell (Phillips) Cobb and
possibly their parents if given.
- FULLER (Sarah) 1860's. Peter C. Johnson (Jul 10, 1999)
Am looking for information on Sarah J. FULLER, who married
Thomas B. GORTON in Andrew County on 8 Feb 1865. May
have been a daughter of Riley FULLER, about whom I
would also like information.
- DIGGS (?, Addy VANHORN). Erin Briggs (Jul 17, 1999)
(capitalized comments deleted)
- EICHSTADT (Herman and Rosalie BRANUM) Amazonia, 1960's and 1970's. Jacqueline Branum Watkins (Jul 17, 1999)
Searching for an obituary or any information on my aunt, Rosalie BRANUM EICHSTADT. According to the SSDI, Rosalie's husband Herman EICHSTADT died in Dec 1977. I do not know if Rosalie survives.
I last saw her in the early 1960's at their home in Amazonia, right on the banks of the Nodaway River. Thank You.
- COMBEST & DICK (Samuel & ?) Savannah in 1916 (and probably back to 1870s). Tom Simkin (Jul 17, 1999)
Their two wives (Sophia Nugent Combest) and Ellen Jane Dick)were sisters to my great grandfather, Francis Nugent. I would love to make contact with any of their descendents to help me sort out some family history.
- Bennett, Wildish (? & ?) King City in 1916 (and probably back to 1870s). Tom Simkin (Jul 17, 1999)
Mary Ann Nugent Wildish and Susie Nugent McComb Bennett were sisters of my great grandfather Francis Nugent. I would love to make contact with ay of their descendents who might be willing to help me sort out some family history.
- ADAMS (John Quincy; Jennie (FLETCHER?)) Savannah, c. 1880-past 1900. E. T. Schmitt (Jul 18, 1999)
Looking for information on the family of John Quincy ADAMS (born abt. 1843 in Adams Co., IL) and wife Jennie (possibly Priscilla Jennie FLETCHER). One adopted daughter, Wilhelmina Patience who married a BARAN. John's wife may have had a sister, Matilda FLETCHER who married Thomas MUNDEN (of Andrews County) and a brother, Thomas FLETCHER of Indiana. John had a brother Robert ADAMS (1856-1895) who was drowned in the river at Savannah during a storm.
- BOTTGER, MCGLOTHLIN (Henry BOTTGER and Arzela Jane MCGLOTHLIN) Rochester, Andrew County, Mo. around 1860's. Kathy Eaton (Jul 23, 1999)
I'm looking for Henry BOTTGER and his wife Arzela Jane
McGLOTHLIN lived in Rochester, Andrew County, Mo. when
they died. Arzela died Dec. 13, 1873. They was married
Dec. 30, 1860 and had 6 children that I know of. Mary Doris [she died in Idaho],
John, George W.[he died in
Spencer, Okla.], Fred, Charles H. [he died in Andrew County
in 1864] and Rose. any help on this family would be
- MULANAX (William R. and Mary Ann Kincade) Married 1855 in Andrew Co. Ardath Brown (Jul 23, 1999)
Seeking information on this family, especially the parents of Mary Ann KINCADE, b. 1833 or 1840, Ohio or Ill. They later moved to Holton, Ks. where they lived until the early 1900's. Would like to hear from anyone working on this line.
- HOPKINS (Jesse, Milbery (surname Unknown)) Jefferson, twp, 1860. (Jul 25, 1999)
Jesse B. Hopkins and his wife, Milbery were listed in
asper Co. Sacoxie, twp 1850, In 1860 they were living in Jefferson twp,St. Joseph PO. Jesse is the son of Daniel M. Hopkins . Does anyone know his wife's surname and where they were married?
- EDWARDS (Pendelton G., Margaret DILLINGHAM) Maybe after 1868. Carol J. Carroll (Jul 26, 1999)
any info. you might have for Pendelton & Margaret Edwards Ch: Mary b. 1850, Emily 1854, twins Robert&Wm. 1
- GILBERT, WILDER (Emmett Lee GILBERT and Rosa Jane WILDER) White Cloud area. Audrey Hausen (Jul 26, 1999)
I am looking for information on Emmett Lee Gilbert and his wife, Rosa Jane Wilder. Does anyone know who Emmett's parents were, date of births, etc. for Emmett and his parents?
Any information you may have to offer is appreciaited.
-Audrey from Iowa
- DIGGS (John Diggs) Erin (Jul 31, 1999)
Looking for info. on Maude Diggs family. Her father was John Diggs her mother's name is maybe Addy VanHorn. (But this could be the name of her Gandmother) Maude's siblings were Eddy born in Andrew, MO. Sue born Madison, Iowa, Maude born in Andrew, MO. May 28, 1881, John in Andrew, Rosa in Jewel county, Kansas, Fred in Andrew MO., Mami in Andrew, Earl in Holt MO. and Female Diggs - Holt, MO.
- MILBOURN, MILBURN (David and Mary BENNET & son Joseph) Savannah and Amazonia http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Valley/2825/index.html. Angeline Milbourn Tucker (Aug 1, 1999)
David (son of David & Sarah NEWMAN MILBOURN) b. abt. 1805 Green Co., TN, m. 24 Feb 1830 to Mary BENNET. Children are: Jane b. 1831 TN, Rachel b. 1832 TN, Joseph b. 22 July 1833 IN, Mary b. 1835 IN, John b. 1838 IN, Nancy b. 1843, David b. 1845 IA, William b. 1847 MO, James b. 1848 MO, Volentine b. 14 Feb 1850 MO, Honora b. 1855, & Martin b. 1857. Searching for any information on David and Mary and their parents.
- PATTERSON-PAXTON (John Nave Paxton -Melissa Patterson) abt 1865. Linda Paxton (Aug 2, 1999)
Was the John N. Paxton married to Melissa Patterson in 1865 the same John N. that later married Elenor Arnold February 10,1884 at Andrew's County.
- MCPETERS, McPeeters, McPheeters (David and Susannah Loyd McPeters) David McPeters died 28 March 1846 in Andrew County, MO . Linda Knowles (Aug 5, 1999)
Researching David McPeters and son James Harvey McPeters who married Charity Lavada STEWART.
- MURRAY (Aaron and Martha B. Welch) St. Joseph, l840's and later. Patrick Healey (Aug 12, 1999)
If anyone has information on this family I would really like to be in touch with you.
- DECKER (Benjamin G. & Louisa Caroline Knowles Jackson) Nodaway City 1860. Verna P. Allred (Aug 14, 1999)
I am looking for any descendants of this family. Benjamin
was born in Pennsylvania in Sept 1808, and Louisa was born
in New Milford, Connecticut Jan 1813-1816. Benjamin was married
previously and had 6 children which are listed in the 1850 Nodaway
City, Andrew, Missouri Census. Louisa was married previously and
had 3 daughters her husband was William Jackson. Benjamin and
Louisa had 4 children, 1 born in Iowa and the 3 boys in Missouri.
They moved to Nebraska City, Nebraska and I found Benjamin &
Louisa in the 1860 Census in Nebraska City, Nebraska Census with
his son George M. born about 1832 in Pennsylvania and wife Abalona
Decker, daughter Lydia A. Decker Penticost, Benjamin Decker Jr.,
and his 4 children from Louisa. I cannot find Charles R. Decker
or Charlotte Decker. The daughter Henrietta E. Decker Gregory
was in Nebraska and then moved to California. In 1870 Louisa died
and I found Benjamin in Nodaway Township, Holt, Missouri with
daughter Charlotte Doughton born about 1835 in Ohio and Della C.
Doughton born about 1861 in Missouri, and son Charles Decker born
about 1841 in Ohio. I cannot find Benjamin and Louisa's children
Lucy A. Decker born about 1847 in Iowa, Zachary T. Decker born
about 1849 in Missour(I found him in the 1870 Census Otoe Precient,
Nebraska with half sister), Erastus R. Decker born about 1852
in Missouri and Julius C. Decker born about 1855 in Missouri.
If anyone has any information on these people please E-mail me
- HOSHOR (John & Elizabeth BORHSERS) Circa 1874. Bruce Bennett (Aug 18, 1999)
Anna Loretta Hoshor was my ggrandmother. She was daughter to John and Elizabeth Hoshor of Andrew Co. Anna married my ggrandfather(Isaac Bennett) in 1874 and they moved to Maryville, Nodaway Co. Looking for any information on John and Elizabeth and Anna's siblings.
- LOOKER (John, Susan Swartz) Maryville,Missouri. Beverly Huskey (Aug 19, 1999)
Looking for any information on John Calvin Looker family that was in Maryville in 1860. He married Susan Ann Swartz June 7 1860 in Maryville,Missouri, Andrew County.
They raised 4 girls and 2 boys there.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- BOWEN (Casey P. and Rebecca Ledgerwood) 1870s-1880s. Gail Blankenau (Aug 21, 1999)
Casey P. BOWEN b. abt 1818/1820 in VT/PA dep. on the census (VT prob.; d. after 1880 Andrew Co. census, bur. where?; m. 25 Jun 1840 Clay Co. Missouri, Rebecca LEDGERWOOD, prob. dau. of John LEDGERWOOD of Buch. Co. Ch: Sarah Ann b. 1841; John L. b. abt 1843; Evaline b. 23 Jan 1848; d. 15 Aug 1933 Henry Co.; m. 27 Jan 1866 William N. JOHNSON; Frank b. abt 1854 d bef. 1860?; Joseph b. abt 1856; William F. b. abt 1858 maybe in Holt Co. MO. The family was in Holt Co. in 1860-- Andrew Co. 1870 & 1880.
Could Casey be a bro. to James Bowen of Andrew Co. who m. Means? Who were his par.? One source says Nehemiah "Peter" Bowen but no proof. Thanks!
- HUFFMAN (Amon and Zula) Amazonia 1945 - 1979. Judy Huffman Van Meter (Aug 24, 1999)
Does anyone in Amazonia remember these people, they were my grandparents, and I lived in Amazonia with them, would like to write to anyone in Amazonia who remember them, Maybe someone can give me some back ground stories of my folks to beable to tell my nieces and nephews.As a child I remember things that happen, but what were they like to grown ups. Does anyone remember any stories my grandfather use to tell, he was a great story teller. He use to set all day at his saw mill and tell a story to someone and it was an all day project for a person to listen to him, some of these men who knew him back then were young and if any were still living would be in there late 70's now.
- VANFOSSEN (Andrew and Mary Ann HENDERSON) Bolckow area,
about 1872. Ann (Van Fossan) Lacy (Aug 26, 1999; Nov 2005 update)
I have information to share on the following:
Andrew (1829, OH.-1900, MO) & Mary Ann HENDERSON VAN FOSSEN(1831,
PA.- 1905, MO) CH: Sarah E.; Eliza J.; Harvey M. 'Doc';
Nancy A. 'Nan; Rachael E.; Andrew M. 'Clel'; Louisa;
Samuel A.; Mary E. Henderson.
Surname connections to: ANDERSON; BEATTIE; CHIVINGTON+;
CHURCH; CLEMENTS+; CRAIG; DAVENPORT+; DAVIS+;
DAVISON; DIGGS; FOTHERGILL+; GIFFIN+; GOFORTH+;
HOUSE+; LILLY +; MANSHIP+: MCVEY+; MIDDELTON+;
MILLER; NEELY; RASCO +; REITH; ROBERTS; SARGENT;
SCHMITT; STANTON; THOMPSON; WAUGH+; WEHR+; WILSON;
and WISE. (+ means more info.)
My line of descent: Arnold vanVossen; Arnold vanVossen,
Jr.; Henry Van Fossen; Jacob; William; Andrew; Samuel
and Ray Van Fossan.
- HENDERSON (Alexander and Nancy SHAFER) Bolckow area, about 1872. Ann (Van Fossan) Lacy (Aug 26, 1999; Nov 2005 update)
I have information to share on the following:
Alexander and Nancy SHAFER HENDERSON
CH: Robert; Mary Ann; Thomas A.; James; Alexander;
Elizabeth; and Nancy Jane Henderson.
Surname connections to:
ALLISON; ATEN; BOTE; CALDWELL; CAWOOD; CROUCH; DAVENPORT; DAVIDSON;
DOUGLAS; HANNAH+; HAWLEY; HOUGHTALING+; HOUSE+; GARRETT; KELLOGG+;
McKNIGHT; NEELEY+; PETERS+; RIDLON+; SCHMITT; SHAFER; SHANNON; THOMPSON;
WALKER+; WILSON and WORKMAN. (+ means more info.)
My line of descent: Robert; Alexander; Mary Ann
Henderson m. Andrew Vanfossan; Sam Van Fossan;
- SCHILDKNECHT (Jacob Luther and Ann Mary Louise DUVALL) Bolckow area, about 1872. Ann (Van Fossan) Lacy (Aug 26, 1999; Nov 2005 update)
I have information to share on the following:
Jacob Luther SCHILDKNECHT (1841 - MD - 1903 - MO) m.
Ann Mary Louise DUVALL (1838 - MD - 1893 - MO)
CH: Fannie, Emma, Louisa M., Elmer H., Martin L.,
Effie L., Flora, Ralph, & Willis F.
Surname connections to:
FERGUSON; GUINN; HARPER; HOOVER; JONES+; LYLE; SCHWEIKHARDT+; SMITH+;
THOMPSON; TROTH+; WHEELER; WILSON. (+ means more info.)
My line of descent: Henry; Jacob; Jacob Luther; Louisa
Schildknecht m. Samuel A. Van Fossan; Ray Van Fossan.