|Barry Co., MO|
|Obituaries, Death Notices, & Death Certificates|
|Obituaries, Death Notices & Death Certificates
ATTENTION - DO NOT SEND OBITS TO MY E-MAIL BOX, THEY WILL BE DELETED. POST THEM IN THE SUBMIT FOLDER.
Thank you for helping!
Attention - The Wheaton Journals 1919 - 2002 are now on DVD disc. These are very valuable to the history and genealogy of our county and will aid the Barry County researcher a great deal.
Click here to read more about this effort and how to obtain details for ordering. Funds collected will go to a Wheaton community project and will be used to help restore the Wheaton Depot.
|Obits - CLICK ON LETTER BELOW
|Coordinator's Message: This link will take you off site to the MO Archives site where you can download death certificates in hard copy form.
MO Death Certificates - State Archives
Coordinator's Message: To abide by copyright laws, obituaries published in newspapers before they are 70 years old, must not be published on the Web unless you are the author, the obituary is for a family member, the newspaper gives you permission, or you provide only an abstract (such as name of deceased, date of death, newspaper that published the obituary, and the publication date). Obituaries published before the 70 year period can be copied in their entirety and so no permission is needed.
The federal rule regarding published material in the public domain is published more than 70 years ago, so we can freely post anything published prior to 1939.
These death notices, abstracts and obituaries continued herein are offered to you as a research aid. Please do not write and ask for the original or other details. It's up to you to find a copy of the item and to locate the paper it was published in - and to do your own research.
Some of the older obituaries will be located on microfilm. Film can be ordered through the State Historical Society of MO on an inter-library loan. In most cases your local library will take care of the details and order it for you. But you may need to tell them what year and what paper you want to read or know about.
Our thanks to Wilma Fields, Betty Higgs Lamberson, Mary Homesley, Linda Garrett, Penny Bailey and others who have given countless hours to this important project. And also thanks to Stefanie Forrester for designing the format and for her help with the organization of the online obits.
We have made an effort to be accurate - but we are not responsible for error of content or omission of data.
Donna Cooper, Barry County CC - 2009.
The coordinator reserves the right to refuse or edit any submission.
READ below submission suggestions before you send your information.
Obituaries, Death Certificates and the Cemetery Project
Barry County researchers are presently photographing all the headstones in the county. And obituaries, death notices, and death certificates are also being added to our files.
Submission Guidelines For Cemetery Photos:
1. When sending photos the subject line of e-mail must state the cemetery name - not the person's name. Send each cemetery in a separate e-mail message - no mixed messages, please.
2. Crop all photos that have been scanned. Please do not send pages with white edges included.
3. Please turn photos in a viewing direction - not sideways.
4. Try and get photos with readable data.
5. Photos of stones that have information on them that can't be read will not be accepted.
6. Tip - Shaving cream rubbed on a stone helps to highlight names and dates - and does not harm the stone.
7. Digital photos are preferred.
8. Send photos in .jpg format to Donna Cooper
9. Add your cemetery records - data - to the temporary cemetery page online - at this link.
NO WORD OR PDF FILES WILL BE ACCEPTED that have photos enclosed.
Submission Guidelines for Obituaries:
1. Submit in the submission file - link given above. If you must mail them, then please send a typed copy in Note Pad or Word in Rich Text Format - rtf.
2. Recent obituaries must be abstracted - remove living people.
3. NO PAPER HARD COPIES IN WORD OR OTHER PROGRAMS SUCH AS PDF WILL BE ACCEPTED.
4. Send to Donna Cooper
Submission Guidelines for Death Certificates:
Submit abstracts in the submission file - link given above.
Please send HARD COPY in .jpg format to my e-mail address. At the present time I am not accepting these because I have a big backlog of them on hands. NO WORD OR PDF FILES WILL BE ACCEPTED with death certificates enclosed. Send to Donna Cooper
Your help is greatly appreciated with these ongoing projects!
Obits in the Newspapers
Links To Papers Below:
Barry County Genealogical & Historical Society
The Cassville Democrat Newspaper
The Monett Times Newspaper
Joplin Globe Online
Newspaper Library - State Historical Society
Haddock Family Web Page - Barry County Newspapers
You are Obits visitor
You are website visitor