Cape Girardeau County, Missouri



  • Cape Girardeau County was formed in 1812 as an Original District;
    the county seat is
    Jackson.
Burfordsville in Cape Girardeau County Mo

  • Burfordsville is located at the site of Bollinger's Mill on Whitewater River.
    It had a mill, a store or two, a Baptist Church, and a lodge of A. C. U. W...
    (--History of Cape Girardeau County, Goodspeed,)

    It is 8 miles southwest of Jackson and 8 miles northwest of Luflin (Bollinger Co.).
    It had 1 store, several shops, a grist and saw-mill and woolen factory known heretofore as George Frederick Doughtery's Mills.
    There was a suspension bridge at this point. (--Campbell's Gazetteer of Missouri, 1874,)

    It is situated in the western part of the county at Sec. 14 & 15, Twp. 31 N, R. 11 E, at the junction of UU & 34.

    It has been disincorporated since 1950.



Towns and wide places in the road in
Cape Girardeau County Mo

You are the 986 visitor to this site since November 12, 2005


Webmaster MO-AHGP & MOGenWeb site

Don E. Wright

Please Read

This Copyright Page

Webspace Provided by RootsWeb
Webspace Provided by RootsWeb