in 1812 as an Original District;
the county seat is
Whitewater in Cape Girardeau County
- Whitewater is a town in Cape Girardeau County, in the Cape Girardeau-Jackson metro area.
The beautiful Whitewater River is the origin of this town's name.
Whitewater is the trading center for farmers in this section of Cape Girardeau County.
Some of these farmers are descendants of the Germans who migrated here in 1800 from North Carolina under the leadership of Major George Frederick Bollinger.
Whitewater was first settled as a town in 1866.
The town was not incorporated until 1898, and the first mayor was P. N. O'Brien.
In 1912 there were four general stores in the town, a flour mill, a saw mill
and a mill devoted to the manufacture of butcher blocks.
It had a population of 250.
It is located in the southwest section of the county,on Highway A southeast of the junction with U
The latitude of Whitewater is 37.237N. The longitude is -89.795W.
Towns and wide places in the road in
Cape Girardeau County Mo
You are the 958 visitor to this site since
November 14, 2005