Cape Girardeau County
||Original Settlers of Cape Girardeau
County, MO (Prior to Statehood)
||First Families of Cape Girardeau
County, MO (1822-1850)
||Pioneers of Cape Girardeau County, MO
||Centennial Families of Cape Girardeau
* Each generation has lived in Cape Girardeau
Co. at some point in time during the last 100 years. Example of sources: 1900,
1910, 1920 Cape Girardeau Co. Federal Census, birth and death certificates.
For Certificates 1-3, your ancestor did not
have to stay in Cape Girardeau Co. You just have to prove that your ancestor
lived here during the qualifying dates.
- You must prove that one of your ancestors
lived in the boundary of Cape Girardeau Co. during the time period of the
certificate for which you are applying.
- You must prove that you are a direct lineal
descendant of that ancestor--proving each generation.
- Dates are to be written as dd mmm yyyy (e.
g., 14 Dec 1819)
- Locations are to be shown as
City/County/State (e. g., Jackson/Cape Gir. Co./MO
- Mark estimated dates with a "ca."
(e. g., ca. 1783)
- All claims have to be substantiated by
documentation (no verbal or hearsay evidence, or family legends)
- Do not send any original documents. Send
- Do not send any copywrited material without
identifying the author and source.
- No accepted information will be returned.
All accepted information will become the property of the Cape Girardeau
County Genealogical Society and will be stored, eventually, in publicly
accessible files or notebooks. These files will be open to researchers.
- Any and all retained material will be
considered public information and may be used in various articles and
publications, on a variety of subjects, and written by any number of authors
without further notification.
Click here for
© 2001, This page created and maintained by
Bill Eddleman. Last Updated
January 07, 2005.
to Index Page