(1) To furnish mutual aid in genealogical research.
(2) To foster and encourage the interest of members and others in genealogical research.
(3) To acquire and/or prepare and place in
(4) To provide assistance and/or support
for the preservation and maintenance of any cemetery physically located in
is open to all individuals interested in promoting the objectives of the
Society. Yearly dues
are currently $10.00
(due on January 1 of each calendar year) and includes the DCGS quarterly newsletter “Diggin in Dade”.
DCGS meetings are held every third Tuesday of the month (except December) and are open to everyone.
publications available for sale by the DCGS are available for anyone to browse
free of charge at the
The DCGS also has a volunteer research committee that will be happy to assist you with long-distance research. The research committee is headed by Audrey Brown. Requests for research should be addressed to her and mailed to the following address:
Attn: Audrey Brown – Research Request
Or you may email research requests to: email@example.com
The DCGS also has a new website you may visit at http://www.geocities.com/dcgs65661
The research committee will reply to specific requests for information (within reason) as time permits. There is no charge for the research, but copies of materials are 25 cents per page (this is the cost per copy that the library charges to use the copy machine) and the cost for postage may vary. The following guidelines have been established with regard to volunteer research:
(1) Queries received through email must have the snail mail address of the person requesting the information because the reply will most likely be sent through conventional mail.
(2) Queries should be as specific as possible and you should indicate any resources/information you already possess regarding the query so that duplicate information will not be sent to you. If you want only to know if your ancestors name is in the index of specific reference materials, so that you may decide which materials to request copies of, please indicate that in your message to the DCGS.
(3) If requested queries can be posted in the DCGS quarterly newsletter. Queries are posted free for members and are $1 for non-members. All queries are also included in our column in the local newspaper, the Greenfield Vedette.
© 2003 - 2008 All Rights Reserved. Katy Hestand