Clear Creek School was established about 1840. It was located about three miles north of
the present site of Lock Springs, in Section 26. The structure was of hewn logs, about 18 feet square, with a fireplace
six feet wide in the west side. The east wall featured a "desk" -- a rough hewn walnut plank -- fastened
to the wall with wooden pins.|
About 1857, weatherboards were added, the fireplace was replaced by a stove, floor and ceiling were added.
The first school on the present site was built in 1874. It was destroyed by fire in February 1899. The structure shown here was erected in the fall of 1899.