Judge ANDERSON, now serving as a member of the Holt Co. court, was born at DeKalb, Crawford Co., Ohio on June 10, 1838. His father was from Indiana Co., Penn. and came to Ohio in 1824 where George ANDERSON was raised. His father was a farmer and merchant, selling goods at DeKalb many years; as a young man, Judge Anderson clerked part time in his father's store. In Feb., 1861 he was married to Rebecca T. CUMMINS of Crawford Co., Ohio. In 1864 he went into the merchandising business on his own at Galion, Crawford Co., Ohio. He first visited Holt Co., Mo. in 1863 and was the first Union man to purchase property in Holt Co. and locate after the Civil War. On that visit, he bought what was known as the Belt farm east of Oregon. In 1865, he closed out his store in Ohio and made Holt Co., Mo. his permanent home, arriving on June 26. In Sept., 1866 he opened the first hardware store at Oregon and carried on this business until 1867 when he improved a farm property south of Oregon. In Jan., 1874 he moved to his present residence half a mile east of Forest City. He has always voted the Republican ticket. In Nov., 1872 he was first elected a member of the Holt Co. court and has earned the confidence of the people.