People of Iron County
Joseph Curran Huff III Richard M. Rouse
(husband of Elizabeth "Betty" Huff")
Joseph Curran Huff III was the son of Joseph Huff Jr. II and Sarah Hill. Joseph was born in Sevier County, TN on March 28, 1809 and died in Glover, Iron County, MO on June 15, 1882. He was married to Louvina Kear on Jan. 25, 1827 in Tennessee, She was born June 2, 1808 in Rutherford County, NC the daughter of James Kear from Scotland and Mollie Shelton of North Carolina. Louvina died in Glover, Iron County, MO on June 30, 1901 at her youngest daughter's home Caroline Huff Scoggin. Joseph and Louvinia were buried in Glover Baptist Church Cemetery in Glover, MO. Joseph and Louvina came to Madison County, Missouri in the Spring of 1831. His son-in-law Richard M. Rouse and Richard was born in 1837 in Illinois and died after 1900 probably in Arkansas. came to Iron County about 1855.
Children of Joseph Curran Huff III and Louvina Kear are as follows.
1. Matilda M. Huff married Rev. John M. Green and moved to Texas.
2. William Henry Huff married Mary Caroline Hampton. moved to Independence County, Arkansas, started to Battle of Pilot Knob and was the Mayor of Ironton, MO.
William also married Eliza "Callie" Caroline Tompkins and Martha/Macella S. Tompkins
3. Sarah "Sally" Huff married William Swaringim and William J.P. McFaddin Stayed in Missouri.
4. Mary "Polly" Huff married Elias Lane and James Ford Sr. moved to Randolph County, Arkansas
5. Dianah B. Huff married Rev. Isaac Lane stay in Missouri.
6. Elizabeth "Betty" Huff married Richard M. Rouse moved to Cave City, Arkansas . This is my line.
7. Joseph Curran Huff IV married Rachel Eliza Smith & Mary Elvira Josepine Sheppard went to Montana. He came back and is buried in Glover Baptist Cemetery.
8. Jane Huff married Alexander Robbs moved to Illinois.
9. Nancy Huff married William "James'" Robbs Jr. stayed in Missouri.
10. Luvina "Vine" Huff married William B. Gilman stayed in Iron County.
11. Caroline Huff married George William "Billie" Scoggins stayed in Glover.
As you can see they had a large family and there are a lot of cousins. Eileen Martin Bone wrote a book called Shirt-Tail-Kin after reading this book I knew that I had a picture of Joseph Huff III.