HISTORY OF SOUTHEAST MISSOURI

Biographical Appendix

  

Dr. C. C. Kerlogon

Dr. C. C. Kerlogon was born August 19, 1855, in Ste Genevieve County, MO., and is the son of James? E and Mary A. (Palmer) Kerlogon. The father was also a native of Ste. Genevieve County, and there spent his boyhood days, wandering aimlessly over the country, as he was left an orphan when quite young. He went from this State to Illinois where he remained four or five years, when he returned to Missouri, and engaged in the saloon business at Hillsboro, Jefferson County. He remained in that business until his marriage, after which he sold out and removed to Iron County, where he engaged in agricultural pursuits, but only for a short period, and sold his crops early in the fall. He then went to St. Genevieve County, where he remained three or four years, following farming for a livelihood. He then went to St. Francois County, where he has since lived. The father is now sixty -four years of age, and the mother fifty-five, and both are enjoying excellent health. To their union were born thirteen children, eleven now living: Dr. C. C., David B.; Sarah M., Zeno E., Laura A., Catherine, Francis E., Cora, Mark T., Clara and Monroe. Those deceased are Missoura, Ora and Alice. Dr. C. C. Kerlogon was reared on a farm, and there spent his boyhood days. He attended the common schools and afterward entered Carleton Institute at Farmington where he remained two terms. He studied medicine under Dr. Lamming, at Bloomsdale, for two years. He then took a three years' course in medicine at the St. Louis Medical College, St. Louis, MO., graduating March 7, 1883, and then returned to Ste. Genevieve and established himself in business at Zell Post-office, where he remained until March, 1886. He then came to Belleview, and has practiced his profession there ever since.