Jasper County Families
WILLIAMS, James Perry Jasper Co., MO. (years later wrote he was born 6
Feb 1874 in Carthage, Jasper Co.)
Washington Co., IL. in 1880 census]
WILLIAMS, James Perry married 4 Oct 1897 Avilla, Jasper Co., MO. to Eunice Elizabeth GAULT,
(dau. of Samuel GAULT & Anna Maria). They gave birth to two children Asa Samuel and Elda
Rebecca WILLIAMS - family record gave place as Webb City, Jasper Co., MO. [they had more
children in: N.D., WA., Alberta, Canada, & ID.] WILLIAMS, James Perry and wife and children
will not be on the 1900 census for Jasper Co., MO. They had already moved on to N.D. - Bowbells,
Burke Co., N.D. and were on the census there.
WILLIAMS, James Riley, father of James Perry (above) born about 1844 probably Washington Co.,
IL. Married 6 Dec 1866 in Washington Co., IL. to Rebecca L. ATCHISON (dau. of Matthew G. ATCHISON
& Lucretia J. BARCLAY (also spelled BARKLEY)) died - (this branch of descendants did not know
exactly when nor where) however there is a cemetery record in Jasper Co., MO., which may belong
to this WILLIAMS It is dated a few years earlier than a couple grandchildren had "guessed".
Known children of James Riley & Rebecca L. WILLIAMS were -
- Emma Frances (1867-1923) neither birth nor death were in MO., but her marriage to Herman R.
WENDLER before 1891 was in MO., maybe Jasper Co.
- Luetta Jane WILLIAMS (b. about 1869 MO. d. about 1892 at age 23 ) no other details
- James Perry WILLIAMS (same as above) (1874 MO. - 1953 British Columbia, Canada)
- Neuma Ora WILLIAMS (b. 20 Nov 1876 MO. m. Omer Spencer MONNETT 1896 not sure where [two sons
born in Harper Co., KS. in 1898 & 1899] Ora d. 9 Feb 1964 Portland, Multnomah Co., OR.]
- Charles P. WILLIAMS b. Sep 1879 in IL. and d. about age 3
- Clara WILLIAMS b. ? d. age 9 [not on 1880 census, which was taken in June 1880]
Parents of James Riley WILLIAMS were: Elihu WILLIAMS & Elvira STRAIT who were probably
never in Jasper Co. MO.
Their children who probably were in Jasper Co., MO.
- James Riley WILLIAMS (mentioned above)
- Mary Ann (Polly Ann) WILLIAMS b. 1845 IL. d. 5 Oct 1928 Jasper Co., MO. (no known marriage)
- Amos P. WILLIAMS & wife Millie J. may have stopped in Jasper Co., MO. but moved on to the
Spokane area of Washington state.
- Martha E. WILLIAMS b. about 1857 MO. (some eastern county) d. after 1900 maybe Jasper Co., MO.
m. to William Howard PATTERSON 1877 in Washington Co., IL.
- William Preston WILLIAMS b. 18 May 1859 (maybe in Greene Co., IL.) d. 16 Nov 1939 (probably
Jasper Co., MO. he was buried in Jasper Co., MO. (no known marriage) Helped sister Mary Ann
raise two KINYON/KENYON children of an older sister.
Kay Chestnut - Grand-Daughter of James Perry WILLIAMS - but never met him.
Graphics used on these pages are courtesy of
Page Updated Friday, April 20, 2007
© 2007 Renessa Wiggins