This project is not part of Ancestry.com DNA sales. This project uses http://www.familytreedna.com   

Web space provided by rootsweb.com, sponsored by ancestry.com.

Please read notice in the bottom bar.

Advertisements at the top and bottom of the pages are not part of this project, 

visiting the links helps pay for the website space 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Home    Site map


 

Clubfoots Creek, Bath (present Craven) Co., NC Research Information

 

Source: Margaret M. Hofmann, compiler, Province of North Carolina 1663-1729 Abstracts Of Land Patents (Rocky Mount, North Carolina: Copy-It Printing Company, 1979). 

 

Extracted by Joy King 1/1/2007


Place index:
CLUBFOOTS, CLUB FOOTS, CLUB FOOT, CLUBFOOT'S CREEK: 421, 728, 1043. 1331, 1364, 1385, 1434, 1468, 1528.
INDIAN LANDING: 1364, 1385, 1400, 1468.

PB.1 421 pg. 154- John LAWSON 10 June 1706 640 acres on ye South side of Neuse river, joining ye mouth of a creek called in ye Indian tongue Nutosquor and by the english Club foots creek, a small creek at the Mouth, and the sd. river including a small Island of Marsh /s/ Thomas CARY, Saml. SWANN, Edwd. MOSELEY, Fras. FOSTER, W. GLOVER

Ibid. 738 pg. 251: John LAWSON 10 June 1706 640 acres on the S. side of Nuse River at ye E. side of ye Mouth of a Creek called in the Indian tongue Hutosquock (and) by the English (called) Clubfoots Creek, joining ye sd. Creek, a small Creek, and the River including a small Island of Marsh /s/ Thomas CARY, Sam. SWANN, Edwd. MOSELEY, Francis FOSTER, Wm. 

PB.2: 1043 pg. 236 John SHACKLEFORD 28 October 1726 280 acres on the S. side of Neuse river on the head of Clubfoot creek, joining DAWSON. Witnesses: R. EVERARD, J. LOVICK, E. MOSELEY, C. GALE, E. GALE, R. SANDERSON, J. WORLEY.

Ibid.: 1331 pg. 334 John TAWNYHILL 22 February 1713/14 410 acres on the E. side of Clubfoots Creek, joining the first small creek above LAWSON'S land, the Mouth of a small Gutt, a swamp, and the sd. Clubfoots creek. Witnesses: Thos. POLLOCK, Thos. BOYD, N. CHEVIN, Wm. REED, T. KNIGHT.

Ibid.: 1364 pg. 343 William BOOTH 13 December 1716 380 acres at ye head of Clubfoots creek in Bath County, joining the mouth of a small Gut on the E. side of ye sd. Creek, the Indian Landing, ye head of a small Cut, ye Brid(g)e over ye run, and ye sd,. Creek to ye head thereof. Witnesses: Cha. EDEN, Thos. POLLOCK, Nath. CHEVIN, Fra. FOSTER, T. KNIGHT.

Ibid.: 1385 pg. 350 Thomas LEE 19 December 1715 590 acres on ye E. side of Clubfoots Creek, joining ye Mouth of a little Gut, the Indian landing and the main Creek. Witnesses: Chas EDEN, Thos. POLLOCK, N. CHEVIN, Wm. REED, C. GALE, T. KNIGHT.

Ibid.: 1400 pg. 354 John MACKEY 19 May 1713 60 acres on the S. side of Neuse River and ye W. side of South River, joining his own corner, a little creek, the Indian landing, ye Swamp, and the creek. Witnesses: Thos. POLLOCK, Thos. BOYD, Nath. CHEVIN, Wm. REED, T. KNIGHT

Ibid.: 1434 pg. John TAWNYHILL 22 February 1713/14 410 acres on ye E. side of Clubfoots Creek, joining ye first small creek above LAWSON, ye mouth of a small gut, ye side of a swamp, and ye Creek. Witnesses: Thos. POLLOCK, Thos. BOYD, N. CHEVIN, Wm. REED, T. KNIGHT.

Ibid.: 1468 pg.374 James TOOK 29 March 1714 460 acres on ye head of Clubfoots Creek, joining Clubfoots swamp, his own land, ye mouth of TOOKS Creek, and ye sd, Clubfoots Creek below ye Indian landing. Witness: Thos. POLLOCK, Thos. BOYD, N. CHEVIN, Wm REED, T. KNIGHT.

Ibid.: 1528 pg.390 James TOOK 9 November 1713 870 acres on ye South side of Neuse River and ye W. side of Clubfoots creek, joining a little creek, Mr. DEPUSE, the head of a Marsh, a gut, and a branch. witnesses: Thos. POLLOCK, Thos. BOYD, N. CHEVIN, Wm. REED, C. GALE, T. KNIGHT.

 

 

Contact Information: 

Electronic mail

General Information/Project Membership: robertajestes@att.net 
Webmistess: nelda_percival@hotmail.com

 

Notice

The Lost Colony Research Group is in NO WAY affiliated with The Lost Colony Center for Science and Research.  The Lost Colony Y-DNA and MT-DNA projects at Family Tree DNA are NOT IN ANY WAY  affiliated with The Lost Colony Center for Science and Research,
regardless of what their links imply.

 

"Please notify us of any claims to the contrary."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is no fee to join our group and no donation of monies or objects are needed to participate in "The Lost Colony Research Group".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As with any DNA project, individuals pay for their own DNA testing, but the
group itself  - is strictly volunteer and free to join, upon approval of membership.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Neither Rootsweb.com, myself, nor the Lost Colony Research Group together or individually are  responsible for the personal content submitted by any individual to this website.

 

Send mail to nelda_percival@hotmail.com with questions or comments about this web site.
Copyright © 2008 Last modified: February 27, 2011

 

 

The art work on this website is my (Nelda L. Percival) original art work and has not been released to any person or organization other then for the use of Lost Colony Research Group and the store front owned by the same. My art work has never been part of the Lost Colony Center for Science and Research's property. My art used here and at the store front was drawn precisely for the projects run by Roberta Estes and ownership has not been otherwise released. This project also uses the artwork of Dr. Ana Oquendo Pabon, the copyright to which she has retained as well. Other art works are the copyrights of the originators and may not be copied without their permission.
All DNA Content on this site belongs to the individuals who tested and or their representatives . The person who tested does not give up ownership of their DNA or DNA results by posting them here.
Where Copyrighted data has been cited the source has been included........
Some Native American art work is from http://www.firstpeople.us  Some of their art was used as a bases for different creative graphics.