Pictures submitted by Cheryl Bell
Appleton City, Mo.
Early history from Appleton City Centennial Book 1870-1970:
The Christian Church of Appleton City, Missouri was organized in 1975.
The first building was erected in 1877. William Burge from Deepwater,
to the church for several years.
Thirty-two ministers have served the church during the past ninety-five
including H.E. Carpenter, W.W. Blalock, E. T. Sechler, Paul J.
Hartenberger, Howard D Prather.
Five preachers have come from this church:
Merle McConnell, Wilbur Noble,
Paul Wright, Raymond Reasoner and Carl Radford.
The building of 1877 was remodeled four times. It burned September 19, 1948.
A new brick church building was dedicated October 7, 1951 with the Rev. Earl
T. Sechler as minister.
Submitted by Mary Zeiler