It All Started With a Tornado, by Wilbur A. Zink
ST. JOSEPH CHAPEL and GRAVES CHAPEL
Appleton City Centennial Book 1870-1970:
St. Joseph Chapel was the first Methodist Church for black people in
The building was still standing, in 1970 when above book was
south of Graves Chapel.
Graves Chapel church was built in 1924 and named for the minister who was
here at that time.
Services were held there until May 25, 1969. The Graves
Chapel menís quartet was
famous in the surrounding territory and sang at
many functions. Members of the last group
were Joshua Langley, Willis
Burton, James Mack and Charles Fuel.
Submitted by: Mary Zeiler