LONG RIDGE CHURCH
From History of St. Clair County 1883
The organization known as the Long Ridge Church was formed by the united
efforts of a
few earnest people in the year 1869. Among those were: William
Tucker, wife and family,
Mrs. Strickland, Jesse Bullard, the organization
being conducted by the Rev. Armstrong, who
was its first pastor. He was
succeeded by the following pastors in the order named:
Danner, Woodward, Herndon, Hultz, Logan, Banberg and Rev. Proctor.
When this article was written in 1883, the church had no church building.
They held services in the Stiles School House.
(Photo of this building welcomed)
Submitted by Mary Zeiler