Then .. and now
Submitted by Mary Zeiler, June 2009
LOWRY CITY PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
Lowry City, Mo.
History from Lowry City Centennial Book 1871-1971:
The Lowry City Presbyterian Church was organized January 21, 1893.
Charter Members were:
Rev. W.M. Pocock, W.M. Newton, John B. Hill, Mr. &
Mrs. C.W. Nesbitt, Miss Tressie Nesbitt,
Miss Sara A. Nesbitt, Mr. & Mrs. Ed
Sayles, Mrs. Hattie Woods, Miss Ella Woods,
Mr. & Mrs. O.T. Hosack, Mr. &
Mrs. C.F. Huebner, Mrs. T. Bingham,
Miss Carrie Bingham, Miss Ollie Jones.
The Church was very active until the early 1940s when they disbanded due to lack of membership.
Submitted by: Mary Zeiler