M.E. CHURCH, SOUTH
History of Henry and St. Clair Counties, 1883
This church was organized in 1870 in the southern part of the township, by
Jacob Smith and wife, Mrs. Kirkland, Mrs. Jane Pyles, William
Robertson, Sr. and wife,
William Robertson, Jr. and wife, Richard Robertson
and wife, and J.C. McDonald and wife.
They built a neat frame church building in the spring of 1881, costing $500.
Names of the pastors who officiated as such, are here given in their order:
Joseph Breeding, W.T. Danner, R.W. Reynolds, J.N. Anthony,
W.D. Stewart and J.M. Proctor.
(Photo of this building welcomed)
Submitted by Mary Zeiler