MOUNT TABOR CHRISTIAN CHURCH
History of Henry and St. Clair Counties, 1883:
Mount Tabor Christian Church was organized March 4, 1882, in the Burns
with the following members: H.L. Pheris and wife, Mrs.
Langhorn Dade and wife, Mrs. Sarah Willis, Nancy
Cockrell, William H. Boatman,
Alonzo Jennings, Mrs. Eunice Binns, Mrs.
Tabitha Binns, and Mrs. Mollie Pingrey.
At the time this history was written, these church members were planning to
erect a church
building on section 27, township 38, to be completed in 1883.
(Photo of this building welcomed)
Submitted by Mary Zeiler