OLD GERMAN BAPTIST or CHURCH OF THE
From St. Clair County Cemeteries book by St. Clair Co., MO Historical
The Oak Grove Cemetery was deeded 9 November 1900 by Job Trout and Lizzie
the “Old German Baptist Church or the Church of the Brethren”
Church Trustees were J.L. Jordan and Abraham Rhodebaugh.
The church gave
$1.00 for the cemetery.
St Clair County Democrat, June 6, 1940:
Reverend Abel Killingsworth , pioneer minister of the Church of the Brethren
St. Clair County founded the Oak Grove Church. It was built on land
adjoining his home.
He was pastor of this church for 48 years.
History and pictures welcome.
Submitted by Mary Zeiler