SPRING GROVE CHURCH
From “St. Clair County Cemeteries” book by St. Clair Co., MO Historical
There is a Spring Grove School and Church located about 1-1/2 miles east of
Spring Grove/Sproull Cemetery. Local people say there was no
cemetery at the church because
it was too rocky so they used the cemetery
that was already started.
The church was built as a Cumberland Presbyterian. The land was given by
Mary Ridgeway for $1.00, paid by W. H. Ditty, F.F.
Ditty, John Caton, J.A. Routsong and
J.W. Carroll as trustees for the church
18th of October 1878.
The building was later used as a Holiness Church and then a Community Church
in the 1940’s,
last used in the 1970’s.
Additional information and pictures welcome.
Submitted by Mary Zeiler