St. Clair County Courier, 11 November 2005
Taberville Methodist Church, ca 1960/1970s
Submitted by Dave Davidson
TABERVILLE METHODIST CHURCH
St. Clair County History 1883:
Several citizens donated land for the M.E. Church adjoining the town of
John Hill, Milton Heath, Waldo P Johnson donated land,
R. A. Gregory donated timber for the building. A neat frame was erected in
at a cost of $750.
St. Clair County Courier, 11 November 2005:
The church was on a hill, south of a spring and in the northwest part of
picture above, which was taken at the time of a great flood, the church is
water where a low area should be. The whole town of Tabeville was no doubt
under or near the
water of the Osage River.
The land for this church was given by John Hill and others in 1882. R. A.
the timber. It was last used in the 1960ís and soon after
was torn down.