Pictures submitted by Cheryl Bell
TRINITY LUTHERAN CHURCH
Appleton City, Mo.
Early History from Appleton City Centennial Book 1870-1970:
The Trinity Lutheran Church had its beginning in 1870 in the Bear Creek
Henry County. Divine services were held in the homes of
members until a church building was
erected in Appleton City in 1875.
The present church building was acquired in 1903 from the Trustee Land Co.
It had been
previously occupied by the Reformed Church congregation. The
building was moved to the present location and has been remodeled several
Pastors have been: A.H.T. Meyer, O.Spehr, O. Sandvoss, William Brauer, R.
William Richter, H. Wacker, H. Schmidt, W.G.H. Zxchoche, C. Haller,
W. T. Goehring, O. D. Meyer, Edward H. Fleer.
Submitted by Mary Zeiler
History of St. Clair County, 1883:
The Lutheran Church of Appleton City was organized May 22, 1873, with the
original members: Jacob Schempp, James Galles, J. Sholts, P. Herman, D.
W. Aarimg, John Niltry and J.A. Schellman.
The church was erected in 1873, at a cost of $400, and $150 was paid for the
It has a membership of twenty-one, the Rev. O. Spler pastor. The pastor is
superintendent of the Sunday School, which is in a flourishing condition,