Submitted by Cheryl Bell
TRINITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
Appleton City, Mo.
Early History from Appleton City Centennial Book 1870-1970:
Trinity Methodist Church was formed October 22, 1939 when three
congregations from three denominations came together to worship in the
Methodist Episcopal Church, South.
These three churches had these
1861 -- The Methodist Episcopal Church, South was organized.
1866 -- The Methodist Episcopal Church was organized.
1867 -- The Presbyterian Church was organized.
The three individual congregations remained apart and active until May 1939.
The merger took
place under the able leadership of that far-sighted
churchman, the Rev. G.A.Moss,
On August 26, 1941, the newly formed church
moved to the former Presbyterian Church
Building which was purchased by the
group for $1600.
Trinity United Methodist Church is located
on 214 E. Third Street, Appleton City, Mo.
Current Pastor, Rob Barringer. Phone 660-476-5322.
Submitted by Mary Zeiler