St. Clair County Missouri
Churches

 


Submitted by Martha L. Hamil

**
 

 


Picture taken June 1985.
Submitted by Martha L. Hamil

**

VISTA BAPTIST CHURCH

The following information was furnished by Lucinda Wisner from old church records.

Sunday School started June 1915; Macedonia and Union Churches May 28, 1916,
C. E. George, clerk, Elder L.L. Tucker, pastor.

Thirty One Charter Members:

G. A. Vannice, G. F. Stiles, G. R. Wilson
Nellie Brown, Ora Stiles, Katie Coffey
Sarah Loftin, F. E. Duckworth
Ella Blakley, A. E. Reynolds
Vera Reynolds, E. W. Graham
Clara Graham, Hazel Graham
Ethel Graham, Edgar Graham, Vista Graham
Zeddie Graham, Nancy McCoy
Mary (Loftin) Cox, Elizabeth Loftin, Nellie Loftin
Cora Loftin, Blanche Loftin
J. H. Stephens, Ona Stephens, C. E. George
Tamar George, Josephine George
L. W. Garrison, Nova Garrison, Frank Stiles

By September of 1916 there were 40 members.

December 9, 1916: E.W. Graham, W. L. Sharp and G. F. Stiles were elected trustees.

January 13, 1917: Committee appointed at July 16 meeting to raise $225 to pay for
building purchase from Presbyterian reported sufficient funds were collected and obligation paid.
A later note was added correcting amount paid to Presbyterians for the house of worship was $500.

September 21, 1918: Purchased piano costing $157.16.


St. Clair County Library Files

**

 
Vista Baptist Church 1916-2007
Submitted by Cindy Drinkard

**


Vista Baptist Church 1916-2007
Submitted by Cindy Drinkard

**

HOME