Located in Doyal Township
Coon Creek Settlement on Allenís Prairie, Doyal Township.
History of St. Clair Co., pp. 1052, 1053:
Coon Creek Settlement, Doyal Township: Allen's Prairie - Mr. Reuben S. Nance, the first surveyor of the county came in the spring of 1835.
He started the second or third store in the county, whether before Calvin Waldo's (q.v.) or not, is hard to say. Waldo was in full blast in June, 1836, and Nance purchased two bills of goods in St. Louis, one on April 4, 1836, and one on April 5, the following day, and he opened a store on Coon Creek on the arrival of these goods. The time of arrival is not known ... Clary (not otherwise identified) clerked for him the same year, for in November, 1836, Clardy went to St. Louis, and there settled or paid all of Nance's purchases up to that date. In 1837 it became Nancy & Clardy, and continued until 1839. Nancy settled on Section 34. John Goots started a horse mill about a mile from Coon Creek, on Section 20, soon after he came.