St. Clair County, MO History, 1883, page 871:
OLD SNYDER MILL - Old Snyder Mill was located on Muddy Creek in Osceola Township, and was a voting precinct in January, 1860. It was owned by James Addington. In January, 1860, Osceola was given three voting precincts, Monegaw and Speedwell two and the other townships remained with one each. Osceola took two sides of the courthouse and the OLD SNYDER MILL, so called on Muddy Creek, then owned by James Addington. Monegaw at BOOTS MILL and at the town of MANOA.
Speedwell - Pleasant Springs Schoolhouse and at BROWNS MILL on Clear Creek.
St. Clair Co., MO History 1883:
James Gardner taught the first school in Osceola Township.