SALT CREEK SPRINGS


History of St. Clair Co., Missouri, 1883
page 1024:
White Sulphur Spring - This spring is found on the northwest quarter of the northwest quarter of Section 27, Township 38, Range 26 W, and is called the Salt Creek Springs. John C. Looney was the first owner of these springs. Dr. John Elliott settled near these springs in 1850, opened a general store near them and tried to get up a summer resort, but failed simply because transportation was not to be found except on horseback and in wagons for twenty-five or thirty miles. (It is north of the Osage River.)
 

BACK