Located in Jackson Township
Baker had a Post Office during the years 1869-1919.
History of St. Clair County, 1883:
Baker, in Jackson Township, is one of the two post offices in St. Clair County, located twelve miles northeast of Osceola. It is located on fractional section 3, and was opened in 1869, with Elijah Smith, postmaster.
Missouri State Gazetteer and Business Directory, 1881:
Baker – Lies on the Osage River, in St. Clair County, twelve miles north east of Osceola (county seat court house), and twenty miles south east of Clinton, its shipping point. It has a Baptist Church, district school and 150 inhabitants. Ships stock, wool, mules and grain. Mail, semi-weekly. W.M. Love, postmaster.
Bunch, P.W. – Justice of the peace
Harris, Benjamin – livestock dealer
Harris, Wm. – livestock dealer
Jacobs, W.M. – general store
Kendrick, Rev. P. – (Baptist)
Kennedy, R.Y. – carpenter
Love, Rev. W.M. – (Baptist)
Mathews, J.C. – blacksmith
Moore, John B. – meat market
Offutt, John S. – livestock dealer
Shocking & Brown – livestock dealers