St. Clair Co., Missouri History 1883:
Joseph Bollinger owned a mill site on Weaubleau Creek around 1840. It was on the northeast fractional quarter of Section 19, Township 38, Range 24. On this same site, a mill was built in 1845 by Mr. James Gardner. It was a grist and saw mill, the former having two runs of burrs, and was probably the second mill in the county. It stood for ten years, and was destroyed by a flood.