Brown’s Mill No. 1

History of St. Clair County, Missouri, 1883:

A voting precinct in Speedwell Township, on Clear Creek, in January 1860.

---

Brown’s Mill No. 2

History of St. Clair County, Missouri, 1883:
A Mr. Brown erected a saw mill in 1867 on the Osage, near where the present flouring mill stands, or nearly directly in the rear of the residence of James H. Linney, but down on the river. It was taken down and moved to the Sac to saw the lumber for the $6,000 bridge across that stream, and from there it started on a trip to Vernon County, then back to the Sac, and finally found a resting place at Osceola, as the property of Mr. Fuqua.

---

St. Clair Co., MO History 1883:

In January, 1860, Osceola was given three voting precincts, Monegaw and Speedwell two and the other townships remained with one each. Osceola took two sides of the courthouse and the OLD SNYDER MILL, so called on Muddy Creek, then owned by James Addington. Monegaw at BOOTS MILL and at the town of MANOA. Speedwell - Pleasant Springs Schoolhouse and at BROWNS MILL on Clear Creek.
 

BACK