Located in Butler Township
Damascus had a Post Office during the years 1895-1906.
The State of Missouri, 1904:
Damascus was approximately five miles southeast of Lowry City, on Highway CC, east of 13, section thirty-two of Butler Township, Township 39 N, Range 25 W.
Our Storehouse of Missouri Place Names:
The town of Damascus in St. Clair County was named for the Biblical town in 1896.