1850 McMinn, Co Tn. census shows Franklin Wilson 27, Sarah 25, John
6, Isiah Davis 4, Ranson Ashley 3, all born in Tn. 1851-52 they moved to
Greene, Co. Mo., a part that later become Christain, Co. 1860 Christain,
Co. Mo census.Franklin Wilson 38, Tn. Sarah 36,Tn. John 15, Tn. David 13,
Tn Ranson 11, Tn. Jackson 9, Tn.William 8, Mo., Dicy 5, Mo.,
Harden 3, Mo.
Franklin Wilson was enrolled July-13-1862 at Springfield, Mo.in Co.B.
72nd Regt' of Mo, mustered into service Aug.-16-1862 at Springfield,
Mo. Records show he was relieved from duty April-30-1862 having served
212 days. Again he was ordered into service Oct.-8-1863 and served another
17 days. While under the command of Lieutenant D.S. Pearce
there was a battle with guerrillas near the Stone Arch in Stone, Co. Mo. Records show Franklin was shot in the shoulder and thigh died 4 months later from his injuries. Leaving Sarah with several small children to care for. After several years of trying to prove she was married to Franklin Wilson she received a pension of $12.00 per month.Certificate dated Nov.-5-1888 payable at Topeka, Agency.
During the war Sarah removed boards from the floor of her home and hid what food she could put together. Had she not hid her food rebels would have come by and took what little food she had managed to save.
Franklin and Sarah were the parents of 9 children:
1) John Washington b. Jan.-20-1844 in Tn d. Feb.-2-1914 in Stone,Co. Mo. Oct.-18-1863 married Ruthy Maples b.Feb-19-1844 in Tn. d. July-24-1899 d/o Ephraim and Nancy Ann(Breeden)Maples. Both are buried in Mt. Carmel Cem. Christain, Mo. 10 children. John W. enlisted July-13-1862 at Springfield, Mo.,the same day as his father. Served with Co. B.72nd Regt' of Mo. Ordered into service Aug.-16-1862 at Springfield, Mo., relieved from duty April-30-1863 having served 212 days. Again ordered into service Sept.-25-1864, served another 48 days. John W. 2nd married Clara Belle Harden Rey Feb.-22-1900 in Stone, Co. Mo. Clara Belle was b.Nov.-1869 d. 1917 in Stone, Co. Mo d/o Nuben and Lucinda(Large)Harden. 5 children.
2)Isiah Davis b. Dec.-17-1846 in Tn. d. ca. 1917 in Stone, Co. Mo. April-15-1869 married Margaret A. Maples b. ca. 1850 in Tn. d? d/o Ephraim and Nancy Ann(Breeden)Maples. Both are buried in Frazier Cem. Christan, Co. Mo. Isiah Davis enlisted July-1-1864 at Marionville, Mo., mustered into service Aug.-23-1864 at Springfield, Mo. Mustered out of service Aug.-1865 at Springfield, Mo. 6 children.
3) Ranson Ashley b. Nov.-1-1848 in Tn. d. Feb.-26-1929 in Stone, Co.Mo. May-19-1870 married Dicy N.J. Maples b. Jan.-5-1854 in Tn.d.Dec-19-1919 in Stone, Co. Mo.d/o Thomas and Mary Jane(Maples)Maples. Buried in Mollie Wright Cem. Stone, Co. Mo. 10 children.
4) Jackson B. b. May-19-1851 in Tn. d. Feb.27-1929 in Stone, Co. Mo. Sept.-24-1873 married Emma Stewart in Greene, Co. Mo. b.May-17-1848 in Bledsoe, Co. Tn. d.July-24-1927 in Stone, Co. Mo. d/o John and Sarah(Davis)Stewart. Both are buried in Union Ridge Cem. Stone, Co. Mo. 5 children.
5) William Henry b. Dec.-18-1853-in Mo. d. Jan.-9-1940 in Greene, Co. Mo. July-15-1878 married Dicy Lue Holderby b. Sept.-5-1859 d.July-17-1944 in Greene, Co. Mo.d/o James and Katherine(Glover)Holderby. Buried at Union Ridge Cem. Stone, Co. 9 children.
6) Dica Sesena b. Feb.-28-1855 in Mo. d. Jan.-15-1903 in Stone, Co. Buried in Mt. Carmel Cem. in Christain, Co. Mo Never married.
7)Harden C. b.May-17-1857 in Mo. d.Sept.-12-1918 in Stone, Co. May -19-1915
married Clara Belle (Harden) (Rey) Wilson, his brother's widow. This marriage
lasted only a short time. Harden C. is buried in Union Ridge
Cem. in Stone, Co.
8) Doctor Benjamin Franklin b.Sept.-15-1859 in Mo. d.Sept-10-1937 in Calif. Sept-20-1883 married Sarah Jane Funk b.Jan.-13-1866 d. June-14-1930 in Calif. 9 children.
9) Sarah Elizabeth b.Jan.-6-1863 in Mo. d.Feb-6-1928 in Lawrence, Co.
Mo. Mar.-24-1878 married Gideon Maples b.April-14-1855 in Mo.d.1931 s/o
Thomas and Mary Jane (Maples) Maples. both are buried in Marionville IOOF
Cem. Lawrence, Co Mo. 10 children.