MORE TRANSLATIONS FROM DONNA COOPER
Some of the hillbilly words are so hard to
hear that you have to listen slow in order to get the full meaning. They
say when you're listening fast -- you miss the real meaning...Donna
- Wind der---As in, "Mommie, put down the wind der."
- Backside forwards--- As in, "Johnny, ye wearin'
yore shirt backside forwards?"
- Het--- As in, "Het up that ther pot, Ma, we's got
- Airy Un--- As in, "Ain't been airy un on the place
- Hit and Haint--- As in, "Haint hit a shame?"
- Fur--- As in, "What fur?"
Return to Fun Stuff Menu
Return to Stone County
© 1996, 1997 Jo Dunne & Shirley Evans