This Pomery flintlock musket converted to percussion was used by Sgt. Franklin Tippah Wilson of Company C 23rd Mississippi Infantry. Franklin was born December 10, 1840 and died April 7, 1866 from complications of war wounds. He is buried in Wilson Cemetery in Tippah County.
This picture was donated for our use by John Merrill, great great grandson of Franklin T. Wilson and is copyright by him.