Here is a suggested reading list for Granite County, Montana.
These publications are available through the
Missoula Public Library
and some may be available through interlibrary loan.
In addition, Karen has access to almost 100 years worth of back
The Phillipsburg Mail,
the local Granite County paper.
Drummond: Ranch Life In The West
- by Jill Brody, 2004, 159 pages, illustrated with numerous photographs.
Garnet, Montana: The People and the Place
- a biographical description 1865-1970, prepared by the Garnet
Preservation Association and the U.S. Dept. of the Interior,
Bureau of Land Management, Garnet Resource Area. 1995 Centennial
Garnet Was Their Home
- by Helen Hammond, 34 pages, ill.
Garnet, Montana's Last Gold Camp
- by Helen Hammond, 1983, 52 pages.
Farm and Ranch Directory for Missoula, Granite, Ravalli,
Mineral, Sanders, Lake Counties
- a listing of all farmers and ranchers in the above named
counties and their post office addresses. IMPRINT Delaneys
Bureau of Printing, CA. 1955] COLLATION  p. 23 cm.
Flint Chips: Tales of the Flint Creek Valley
- by Daniel Y. Meschter. IMPRINT D. Meschter, 1990?]. COLLATION 1 v.
(unpaged) ; 23 x 29 cm.
A Town Found on Hope: Philipsburg -A Historic Past, A Certain Future
- by Clyde J. Neu. IMPRINT Granite County Museum and Cultural Center,
c1996. EDITION 2nd ed. COLLATION 20 p. : ill., map ; 23 cm.
Ghost Town Trails: A Guide to Historic Ghost Towns of Granite
- by Ronald B. Paige, Dennis Carlyle Darling and Jack B. McCoy.
IMPRINT R.B. Paige, D.C. Darling, J.B. McCoy, c1998. COLLATION
125 p. : ill., maps ; 16 x 23 cm.
Focus on Philipsburg: a Montana Mining Town
- photographs and text by University of Montana School of
Journalism students and faculty; editing and design by Patty
Teksten; text by Scott Crandell. IMPRINT School of Journalism,
University of Montana, c1991 COLLATION 88 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
On the North Side of Philipsburg Montana: Stories, Truths
and Mortuary Records
- self-guided cemetery tour included by Tiny Johnson. IMPRINT
Walter G. Johnson, c1992. COLLATION ii, 36 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
On the Lite Side of Philipsburg Montana: Tales of Ol' Perd - Gramma,
and Other Just Plain Folks
- stories and tales, truths and half truths of just plain folks
by Tiny Johnson. IMPRINT
Walter G. Johnson, c1993. COLLATION iii, 36 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
St. Philip's Catholic Church, 1892-1992. IMPRINT
St. Philip's Centennial Book Committee, 1992. COLLATION
15 p. : ill. ; 23 cm. LCCN/WLN wln93664781
The Philipsburg Story: a History of the Philipsburg
Ranger District, 1905-1980
- by Robert D. (Bob) Oakley. IMPRINT U.S. Forest Service,
Deer Lodge National Forest, Philipsburg Ranger District, 
COLLATION 228 p. : ill. ; 22 cm. LCCN/WLN wln82100378 NOTES
"August 1981." "R1-81-12."