Search billions of records on Ancestry.com

Newburg Photos

Montaque Farm

Old photos of Newburg houses that were on the Cape road years ago.

Patterson House

Cunningham House

John McGuire Homestead

The Sentinel Press Newspaper May 18, 1950

NEWBURG BLAZE-One of the oldest homes in North Newburg, the John McGuire homestead, was completely destroyed by fire on Saturday, May 14th. The fire broke out around 4 p.m. on Sunday afternoon and had gained great headway before being discovered. The exact cause is not known as the fire started outside the house and was burning well up the walls before it was noticed.Murray McGuire, owner of the building, and his brother Harold and three children were home at the time.

Thomas McGuire Farm

Cross at Newburg

Erected 1855 on the site of where the proposed 1st church was to be built. The cross was replaced in 1907 and the Patterson family replaced the cross again in 1983. Local legend has it that there is several graves in this area.

Cross at Newburg

Cross at Newburg

Cross at Newburg