St. George, Jan. 10 - The St. George Blood Clinic reopened on Sunday, January 9, with 26 donors attending. Of this number 16 were civilians and 10 were from the R.A.F.,
L/AC Eric Young gave his 7th donation.
Fifth donations were given by Cpl. R. Allen, R.A.F., Pennfield; Norman Gillmor and Charles Davis, of Bonney River; Mrs. Ellen Folger and Dyrlin Justason, of Pennfield; Mrs. Ervine Tabor, Walter Allen, C.E. Dewar, Roy Jackson, O.J. Neilson, of St. George.
Fourth donations were given by Cpl. Goble, of R.A.F., Pennfield; Nellie Sudspear and A.W. Clinch, of St. George.
Third donations were: L/AC Birks, L/AC Steele, AC Carver, of R.A.F., Pennfield, and Harry Craig, of Bonney River.
Other donations were given by Cpls. Jones, Sandiford, Moody, Johnson, of R.A.F., Pennfield; Mrs. Otis Barry, Miss Martha Kaglar, Mrs. Hugh Parks, of St. George, and Mrs. Helen Clark, also of St. George.
Dr. R.D. Smith was assisted by: Mrs. Hugh Meating, Mrs. Emery Patterson, Mrs. J.O. Spinney, ,Mrs. Lester Baldwin, Mrs. O.R. Akerley, Misses Beryl Parks, Frances Trynor, Miss Jeanne Armstrong, Margaret McVicar, Frances Jackson, Frances Spoffard and L/AC Eric Young.
Refreshments were served by Mrs. Hazen McGowan, Mrs. George Meating and Mrs. Brian Furneaux.
The next clinic will be held on Sunday, January 16. There is an urgent need for more blood donors. Call the secretary, Mrs. O.R. Akerley, Phone 325, for an appointment.
SOURCE: The Saint Croix Courier (St. Stephen, NB) - January 13, 1944.