George, Sept. 22 - A quiet, pretty wedding was solemnized in St. George's Roman
Catholic church Monday morning, Sept. 15, at nine o'clock when Beatrice Miriam,
daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Faloon, became the bride of Corporal T. James
Donnelly of the R.C.A.F., Pennfield, son of Mrs. T.J. Donnelly and the late Mrs.
Donnelly of Montreal. Rev. Father H.L. Coughlan performed the ceremony.
The bride was gowned in a dress of Queen's blue rayon pebble crepe and hat, with navy accessories, and wore a corsage of pink gladioli. She was attended by her sister, Miss Helen Faloon, who wore a dress of navy sheer with corresponding accessories and a red corsage of gladioli.
The groom was supported by Aircraftman Neil Durant of the R.C.A.F. Lonhengrin's wedding march was played by the church organist, E.J. O'Neill.
After the ceremony a wedding breakfast was served at the home of the bride's parents for intimate friends of the bride and groom and relatives.
The following day the happy couple left for a brief visit to the groom's home in Montreal.
SOURCE: The Saint Croix Courier (St. Stephen, NB) - September 25, 1941.
of Miss Doris Josephine Maxwell, younger daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Walter H.
Maxwell, St. George, and A.C.1 Kenneth Olmstead Beckett, son of the late James
Beckett and Mrs. Beckett of Kinsley, Saskatchewan, was solemnized Wednesday,
Oct. 8, at St. Mark's Church, St. George, by Flight Lieutenant Coleman, chaplain
of No.2 Air Navigation School, Pennfield Ridge.
The bride, given in marriage by her father, looked charming in a street length dress of romance blue silk crepe, with matching velvet hat and navy blue accessories. She carried an arm bouquet of American Beauty roses.
Mrs. Conrad Davidson was her sister's only attendant, wearing a dress of king's blue with black accessories and carrying an arm bouquet of pink roses. Q.M.S. Everett Maxwell, brother of the bride, was groomsman.
Immediately after the ceremony a reception was held at the home of the bride where a buffet luncheon was served. The bride's table was centred with a three tiered bride's cake surmounted with a miniature bride and groom, flanked by tapers in silver candlesticks. Girl friends of the bride served.
Later Mr. and Mrs. Beckett left on a short wedding trip. On their return they will reside in St. George.
Out of town guests attending the wedding were Mrs. Charles Rabethge, Randolph, Mr. and Mrs. Harold Harwood, Southbridge, Mrs. Raymond Lockwood, Waltham, Mr. and Mrs. Everett Maxwell, and Mr. and Mrs. Conrad Davidson and daughters, Marjorie and Mary, of St. Stephen.
SOURCE: The Saint Croix Courier (St. Stephen, NB) - October 16, 1941.
McColl Parsonage, Dec. 26, by Rev. N.R. Estey, Sgt. Pilot Lloyd F. Elford of
Islington, Ontario, and Elizabeth Mae Banks of South Devon, N.B.
SOURCE: The Saint Croix Courier (St. Stephen, NB) - January 1, 1942.
George - Feb. 6 - A pretty wedding was solemnized at the Rectory on Wright
Street in Saint John, Friday evening, February 6th, at seven o'clock when Rev.
H.R. Coleman united in marriage Doris Eleanor, oldest daughter of Mr. and Mrs.
Nicholas Meating and L.A.C. Jack A.S. Reid, of A.N.S., Pennfield Ridge, son of
Mr. and Mrs. J.W. Reid of Guanajuato, Mexico.
The bride was becomingly attired in a street length frock of dusky rose crepe with brown accessories and wore a corsage of tailsman roses.
She was attended by Miss Tooky Gillmor, who wore a street length dress of robin's egg blue crepe with accessories of black, and wore a corsage of Johanna Hill roses.
Airman David E. Jones of Calgary was groomsman.
After a short wedding trip the happy couple returned to St. George, where they will reside.
The young bride is a graduate of the St. George High School of the class of '40 and was for several months employed in the Rexall Drug Store.
SOURCE: The Saint Croix Courier (St. Stephen, NB) - February 12, 1942.
wedding of particular interest to many friends took place Sunday afternoon,
February 22, at 3 o'clock in the Frances M. McLean Memorial Baptist Church,
Black's Harbour, when Mildred Frances, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. A. Bibber Stuart
of Black's Harbour, was married to AC. Alfred Howard, second son of Mr. and Mrs.
A. Beecher Hawkins of Pennfield Ridge.
The officiating clergyman was Flt. Lt. Rev. H.R. Coleman, R.C.A.F., chaplain of No.2 A.N.S., at Pennfield Ridge. Mrs. Samuel Tucker presided at the organ.
The bridge was attended by her sister, Mrs. Thomas A. Glennie, matron of honor and James A. Hawkinsof Truro-Debert acted as best man for his brother. The bride was given in marriage by her father and entered the church to the strains of the Bridal Chorus from Lohengrin. She wore a slipper-length model gown of Queen's blue satin with French-pleated toque of the same material and shoulder length veil. Her arm bouquet was of Buttertime roses.
The ushers were L.A.C. Ray Emery of Regina, comrade of the groom, and Pte. George J. Hawkins of Fredericton, brother of the groom. During the signing of the register, Mrs. William Cross sang "I Love You Truly."
Following the ceremony, which concluded with the playing of Mendelssohn's Wedding March as a recessional, a reception was held at the home of the bride's sister, Mrs. T.A. Glennie of Black's Harbour, where a buffet luncheon was served to the wedding party, immediate relatives and a few intimate friends. The bride's table was centered with silver candlesticks and yellow tapers. Mrs. D.W. Kyle and Mrs. C.A. Lord presided over the teacups.
Mr. and Mrs. Hawkins left on a wedding trip to Montreal and Toronto. For going away the bride wore a navy blue dress with white accessories, a matching flower model hat and black seal coat. Upon their return Aircraftman Hawkins will resume his duties at No.2 Air Navigation School, Pennfield Ridge. Guests from Saint John attending the wedding were Mrs. dePender, wife of Col. dePencher, formerly of Winnipeg, now on active service in England, aunt of the groom, and Mrs. Golding, wife of Lieut. Jack H. Golding of C.A.S. Corps., sister of the bride.
SOURCE: The Saint Croix Courier (St. Stephen, NB) - March 5, 1942.
George, March 9 - St. Paul's Church, Saint John, was the scene of a quiet
wedding recently when Flt. Lt. Rev. H.R. Coleman, chaplain of No.2 A.N.S.,
Pennfield Ridge, united in marriage Miss Reta Irene, elder daughter of Mrs.
Margaret McHugh and the late Joseph McHugh and L.A.C. Reginald Hopkins of Grassy
The bride was attired in a street length dress of beige crepe with brown accessories; her corsage was of yellow roses. She was attended by Miss Laura Holmes of L'Etete, who wore a dress of blue crepe with matching accessories and wore a corsage of pink roses. The groom was supported by L.A.C. Earle Davis of the R.C.A.F., of No.2 A.N.S., Pennfield Ridge.
After spending a few days in Saint John the young couple returned to St. George where they will reside. The groom is stationed with the R.C.A.F., at Pennfield Ridge.
SOURCE: The Saint Croix Courier (St. Stephen, NB) - March 19, 1942.
pretty wedding took place in the Rectory at Oak Bay on Wednesday evening, May 6,
at 8 o'clock when Rev. C. Alvin Hawkes united in marriage Miss Lelola Allegra,
daughter of Mr. and Mrs. H. Linton Little, of Oak Bay, to L.A.C. Robert Edgar
Tuplin, R.C.A.F., of Conway, Prince Edward Island.
The bride looked charming in a street length dress of Queen's blue crepe, with blue lace yoke, and blue and white accessories. She wore a corsage of pink rosebuds. Miss Priscilla Young was bridesmaid and Corporal Percy B. Wiseman, R.C.A.F., Ottawa, was groomsman. The groom is at present stationed at No.2 Air Navigation School, Pennfield Ridge.
SOURCE: The Saint Croix Courier (St. Stephen, NB) - May 14, 1942.