MAIN GEOGRAPHY PAGE

HOME

GEOGRAPHICAL AREAS OF ST. ANDREWS PARISH
Charlotte County, New Brunswick

Chamcook

Chamcook: Settlement, 4 mi. W of St. Andrews: Saint Andrews Parish, Charlotte County: settled in 1785: included a community and station called St. Andrews North: PO Chamcook 1860-1882 and 1915-1970: in 1866 Chamcook was a fishing, farming and shipbuilding settlement with approximately 90 resident families: in 1904 Chamcook was a station on the Canadian Pacific Railway with 1 summer hotel, 1 flour and feed mill, 1 church and a population of 300 and today it is a dispersed community. Ref: COMMUNITY PLACE NAMES IN NEW BRUNSWICK, CANADA, compiled by Robert F. Fellows

Chamcook Channel:  ?

Chamcook Corner* (*see Edwards Corner): Ref: COMMUNITY PLACE NAMES IN NEW BRUNSWICK, CANADA, compiled by Robert F. Fellows

Chamcook Harbour:Chamcook Harbour is at the head of Ministers Island.

Chamcook Island: See Ministers Island (Saint Andrews Par., Charlotte Co.) Ref: COMMUNITY PLACE NAMES IN NEW BRUNSWICK, CANADA, compiled by Robert F. Fellows

Chamcook Lake: Settlement, 1 mi. W of Chamcook: Saint Andrews Parish, Charlotte County: in 1866 Chamcook Lake was a farming settlement with approximately 50 resident families and today it is a dispersed community. Ref: COMMUNITY PLACE NAMES IN NEW BRUNSWICK, CANADA, compiled by Robert F. Fellows

Chamcook Mountain:Overlooking Chamcook Harbour, which is at the head of Ministers Island, and is to the west of  the community of Chamcook. It is a small rugged hill, that actually does not reach mountain proportions.

Legal Disclaimer: 2005

MAIN GEOGRAPHY PAGE

HOME