GEOGRAPHICAL AREAS OF ST. ANDREWS PARISH
Charlotte County, New Brunswick
Extracted from The St. Andrews Beacon, Aug. 10, 1893 page 4 column 4 by Dan Johnson: "Tid-Bits of History" - Kilmarnock Head, situated in St. Andrews Bay, to the east of the town, obtains its name from the unfortunate Lord Kilmarnock, who was about the last victim to be beheaded at the Tower of London. Charles II granted him 3,000 acres of land in the vicinity of Chamcook, in return for services rendered his father. Subsequently for the part he played at Culloden, Kilmarnock was executed and his property reverted back to the Crown. At a later day the bulk of it was purchased by the great-grandfather of Dr. Parker.
Legal Disclaimer: ©2005