Villages & Geography
Long Island
Posted 4 Feb 2001

Long Island is located at the mouth of Digdeguash Harbour, north east of Hog Island. It was first licensed to John Curry in 1784 along with Hardwood Island and Hog Island and it acquired its name, which is presumably descriptive, as early as 1795. Long Island was also called Jasper Island in a deed of 1875 (Charlotte County Registry Book 20, page 67). More information and references are on the Hardwood, Long, and Hog Islands Page.

Copyright 2001

Villages & Geography