Preserving Woodville's Heritage
Thompson-Urquhart House. Set well back from the highway within a grove of large hardwood trees, this is a well preserved Greek
Revival plantation house, built by Lewis Thompson in 1840. There are
both Federal (the rear) and Greek Revival (the main block) features in
the house, suggesting the possibility that Lewis Thompson may have
overbuilt a Federal era tripartite house already on the property in the
early 1800s. There are 7 dependencies on this 11-acre property,
including a slave cabin.