Preserving Woodville's Heritage
Garriss-Griffin House. Built in 1927, this 1 1/2 story brick bungalow remains intact, with few alterations. It has original
plaster and wood finish, including a Classical Revival style mantel in
the living room. A room to the rear, accessible from a side porch door, was utilized by Dr. Garriss as a home medical office. Its unusually
wide closet contains shelves where he kept supplies. Prior to this
house, the Johnson House stood on this site, and some of the timbers
were used in the framework, visible in the attic. Dr. Garriss resided
here until 1947, when he sold it to the Griffins, who still own the house.