Historic Woodville

Preserving Woodville's Heritage



The Rectory (Wooten-Grant-Griffin House)

The Rectory (Wooten-Grant-Griffin House)


The Rectory (Wooten-Grant-Griffin House), c. 1876. This gable-and-wing 2-story house with two interior brick chimneys was built as a rectory for Grace Episcopal Church on land donated by Margaret Ann Cathcart Clark Thompson, wife of Lewis Thompson. Bought by C.B. Griffin in 1915, it is still in the Griffin family.