The following is a land grant to John and Amos Trueblood in 1694. (The area of this grant would have been in present day Camden County in the Whitehall Shores area.) John and Amos were the sons of John Trueblood and Agnes Fisher, the first Truebloods in America, who migrated here from England. The grant is on microfilm in the NC State Archives but the original has been lost.
Submitted By: Bob Stokley
Land Grant to John and Amos Trueblood, 1694
Know Ye that We have granted unto John Trueblood and Amos Trueblood, between them the s'd John Trueblood and Amos Trueblood to be holden severally a Tract of Land containing Six hundred Acres lying on the Westward side of the Northernmost branch of Aranuse Creek in Pascotank prc. & Beginning at a Beech by the S & Branch side the corner tree of John Archdale Esq. thence up ye s'd Branch by Various courses to a White Oak, then West twenty degrees North two hundred and eighty poles to a Gum, then South five degrees East three hundred forty six poles to a Maple, then East twenty degrees South three hundred and twenty poles to the first Station, To Hold Ye Giver from the first day of Janry 1694. Witness Ye Philip Ludwell, Tho. Harvey, Paul Akehurst, Francis Tomes, Thos. Pollock--